“Great Hotel”

Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife, friends and I stayed here three times over a ten day period. The staff was so friendly and helpful they felt like family. The airport shuttle was punctual all six times. I would highly recommend this place if staying close to the Auckland airport!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Rukhi P, Manager at Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Hi, thank you for the kind review. It was so lovely to see you all and glad you found everything to your liking. Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I have stayed twice at the BK Pioneer Motor Lodge and have found them to be excellent both times with very comfortbale rooms and conveinent shuttle to the airport. The owners were also very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi there, thank you kindly for the review. We love to see our guests again and it is our pleasure to make your stay as comfortable as possible :)

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Can highly recommend this hotel, staff are all curtious, rooms were exceptionally clean and no problem advising where to eat and airport transfer was fantastic.

Thankyou guys for making a final stay in Auckland awesome

Room Tip: Best place to stay near airport
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Rukhi P, Manager at Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Hi there, thank you for your kind review! It is our pleasure to make sure you have a comfortable stay and we take great pride in our service and facilities. Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Stayed with these lovely people 3 weeks ago when my flight to Queenstown was cancelled due to heavy snow. They were just wonderful. Very personal service. Even took me down the road in the rain to get my dinner. Second time I have stayed with them now. Thankyou so very much for helping me especially when I was bummed out and on my own.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Rukhi P, Manager at Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Hi, Thank you so much for your kind review and you are most welcome. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and I hope everything worked out for you in the end. See you again next time :)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We recently stayed here overnight. The shuttle pick-up from the airport was efficient and we didn't have to wait more than a few minutes. The motel unit we stayed in, was perfectly clean and comfortable. The regular bus service into Auckland City, stopped virtually outside the gate, which was ideal for us. After returning later in the evening, we found the fan-heater in a cupboard and the unit was quick to warm up. Our shuttle to return to the airport the next day, was booked in at the same time we checked in - it was ready and waiting for us, right on time.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Rukhi P, Manager at Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Hi, thank you so much for your kind review. Pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on providing great service, convenience and a high standard of cleanliness. Glad you found the room to be comfortable. We also have some newer, fully air-conditioned "Superior" units available which are just a few dollars extra. Hope to see you again :)

Reviewed September 22, 2012

On short notice i needed somewhere close to the airport, with a free shuttle, and this place didnt dissapoint. It was very easy to ring for the shuttle when i got to the airport, and at midnight i didnt have to wait long. The shuttle driver also doubled as reciptionest when we got back to the lodge and he was friendly and when i asked for a later checkout he was able to give me an 11am checkout without hassle which was fantastic! The shower was amazing after a long flight, and the bed very comfortable! the only part that was a shame was that the cleaning lady came into my room at around 9am, before i had much of a chance to even get out of bed to ask what time i would be leaving, when i explained that it wouldnt be until 11am she did apoligise and leave again, but i was unable to go back to sleep. such a shame because it would have been perfect otherwise! A very comfortable room, and i would stay here again :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Hi, thank you very much for your kind review. My apologies for being disturbed early in the morning. I have reminded our cleaning staff they must start with marked checked-out rooms only. Glad you found everything else to your liking and hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My task was to find the best accommodation in the area for 6 staff members . So I decided to search online and found Best Western Bks Pioneer Motor Lodge had great reviews and rated 4 stars. The contact person there was very informative and easy to talk to so customer service was Excellent. Based on what I read and heard about this motor lodge I took a leap of faith and decided to book the interconnecting rooms, two nights for 6 staff members over the weekend. Returning back to work the following week I was a little nervous in asking the staff if they had enjoyed their stay at the Motor Lodge. Their feedback was positive, the cleaniness, divine spa, one staff member said she didn't want to leave, need I say more..Thank you to everyone at Best Western Bks Pioneer Motor Lodge.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Hi there, thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review. We love to hear back from our guests. So glad your staff all enjoyed their stay :)