We stayed at BK's for one night after flying in from Chicago. We booked a "deluxe spa suite" accommodation. This turned out to be a small room with a "spa" bathtub. The place is new and it shows but the furnishings, excluding the recliners, are basic to the point of absurdity. The "spa" bathtub is in fact a very large Jacuzzi-type tub. The TV is mounted near ceiling level because the room is too small to put it anywhere else. Deluxe is not an appropriate term to use here. Normally a suite means two rooms or at least a sitting area separated from the bedroom. When I questioned the managers about the fact that I had booked a suite they said that is what I got. If I wanted a separate sitting area "I should have booked a one bedroom suite". They claim that in NZ a suite is just a room. During our travels in NZ I questioned several people (all Kiwis) about what a suite is in NZ. In every case I was told that it is separate sitting and sleeping facilities. Do not be fooled by the use of the terms "deluxe" and "suite" in the room descriptions--neither is applicable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located only 4 minutes from the Auckland International Airport, New Zealand, Best Western BKs Pioneer Motor Lodge offers you quality, affordable accommodation. As our guest, you’ll enjoy our 24 hour courtesy airport shuttle service for the International and Domestic terminals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Bks Pioneer Motor Hotel Mangere
- Bks Pioneer Hotel
- Bks Pioneer Motel
- Best Western BK's Pioneer Motor Lodge Auckland/Mangere