“Yum Yum & Yum”

Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Mangere
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Villa Maria Auckland Winery, Vineyard Café & Cellar Door is open 7 days, serving delicious food and wines. Enjoy a glass of Villa Maria wine on the terrace which overlooks the Ihumatao vineyard, and share a platter or have lunch.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I will just say I have eaten a lot of chicken in my life..... I am 40 & showing signs of all my worldly eating. The chicken lunch I had at Villa Maria was quite possibly the nicest chicken I have ever eaten. Sides of fresh broccolini & the softest potato gratin..... WOW.

A great Pinot Noir with the meal & the slightly industrial concrete meets winery meets resto feel was perfect.. over looking the vineyard.

A definate must try if you have time in Auckland.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We visited Auckland for a company dinner and the food, service and of course the wine was absolutely faultless

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We came here last Thursday (17 July) for our work Mid Year Function (9 people). We arrived at 2.30pm to a very warm friendly welcome. We had a variety of different entrees - I chose the Vegetarian Platter to share as a starter (between 3 of us) - it was absolutely amazing and was more than enough for 4-5 people. Followed by the fish of the day - another delicious meal - Harpuka cooked to perfection on a bed of spagetti with cray fish broth. The wine was also devine and very reasonably priced. We had the sav blanc/Pinot Gris and a Sav Blanc Reserve both highly recommended. The service was very attentive without being too obtrusive. Highly recommend a visit to Villa Maria if you are in the area and I will definately be going back sometime soon I hope. Thank you and well done

1  Thank Jan D
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Visited for a lunch with friends 4 of us in total, meal was excellent, service was great, and of course wine was delicious, would higly recommend for locals or visitors to Auckland to experience this dining delight. Wine tasting is also available with the very knowledgeable Cellar door staff.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

We pent a few hours here before flying home to Australia, We met Sir George and his wife who were the perfect hosts and amazing people to have created such a magnificent winery - the restaurant is world class with the freshest of NZ produce prepared beautifully - and of course the Villa Maria wines are crafted with a great love of wine which is so obvious from all the team at Villa Maria. well done and thank you all for the experience