Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
$87
$86
$83
Agoda.com
All reviewsihg memberauckland airportno liftyellow busnew zealandroom servicefree wifinext morningthe ground floorcomfortable stayroom was spaciousevery half hourstayed one nightroom ratelong flightan early morning flightlate check
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed overnight on a Park and Stay rate, and we were upgraded to a corner room suite with an enormous king-size bed as Gold Priority Plus members. We has a corner suite which was quiet and restful. Shuttle bus was included (at 6.00 a.m.) to the Airport for an early flight.
Could have done with a 'Escalator / Lift' as a staircase is NOT my thing with cases!
Restaurant Buffet was excellent quality and value which saved going elsewhere. It was NOT expensive by NZ standards ! Excellent service by Serving Staff.
Hotel was full of Conference delegates but although somewhat noisy, the noise did not travel elsewhere.
All told, it was a pleasureable part of our holiday and we will use it again when travelling out of New Zealand.. A good place to get your bearings and some rest if travelling into NZ.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hotelinspector72
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Already confused with the international date line before we even reached the Cook Islands we turned up a day early than our reservation and rather glad we did and ended up stopping 2 nights before our flight. Reception staff extremely friendly and helpful. Room was large, two double beds, nice bathroom, nice complementary smellies, TV and decent internet by ethernet which you buy on a 24hr basis single usage. Room service menu varied and we had a lovely meal and dessert. Service was prompt and food hot. Breakfasts were fantastic. Buffet style, hot and cold buffet, fruits, juices, and so on. Bus to airport $NZ10 booked via reception. Overall, a surprise mini break in an airport hotel of all places and we've booked again for our next flight out of Auckland! Definitely recommend, plus a decent Chinese/Indian restaurant around the corner is well worth a visit!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2010

Wasn't sure about this hotel, particularly when hubby said "Holiday Inn do they still exist?" Any way other than a small niggles about the temperature of the hotel was too cold and the conference buffet was very average.... the rooms were very easy to be, it was quick and easy to get an early morning flight in the morning and the bed was the BEST hotel bed I have slept in. I have spent a great deal of nights in hotel beds from 5 star down and if I was arriving into Auckland from a long haul flight ...this would definately be my bed of choice to date. Don't stay here for a long stay, but be confident of this being a great port of call after or before a long flight.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank nzlynn
Reviewed May 25, 2010

My wife and I chose this hotel as our first port of call in a three week tour of NZ and we were not disappointed. Our ground floor room was very roomy with a sparkling bathroom and looked out onto the landscaped gardens and the swimming pool. Our king size bed gave us the most comfortable sleep we have ever had in any hotel and the choice of firm or soft pillows was a nice touch. Check in and out was quick and the staff were very helpful and friendly. Although this is classed as a airport hotel there was no aircraft noise at all. We would not hesitate in staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2010

Top Holiday Inn
Priority Club Platinum: Old property that is in great condition and a new property for Holiday Inn brand. I rate this property in the upper 5% of Holiday Inns. Five stars compared to other Holiday Inn hotels. Usually we stay at the Ventura Inn at the airport (see my review). Very nice rooms, very nice bathrooms, very clean, nothing broken or missing. My room had a little Jacuzzi tub, great after a long run. There is a garden in the center including a pool-very nice (see pics). My room faced the parking lot, but it had a separate living room due to my Platinum upgrade, so no complaints. Breakfast $25NZ $20NZ for continental: all taxes included great service. My omelet filled one plate. Very busy but seating has been expanded so no one waits. Dinner Buffet $36NZnett very good, with seafood, oysters, beef, ham, etc. Coffee/tea included. Local Kiwis said that for $25NZ you can eat a lousy meal nearby, so they came just for the buffet. There is a Yellow Hotel Bus (has Holiday Inn ad on the side) from airport $10NZ every 15 minutes. A tray of food was delivered to my room after check in-free for being Platinum. Wine included-but we don’t drink. I guess I could have asked for a coke?
This hotel has gone full bore into Holiday Inn. Whoever trained these people should be congratulated, and whoever manages this property knows what they are doing.
Gym is two converted hotel rooms-small but all the equipment works. Three tread mills-Weight machine-bike etc.
Internet 125k-$26NZ Nett 24 hours. Charged $4NZ for printing my boarding pass in the business center. My bill was adjusted $4 when I mentioned that we paid for 24 hour internet.
One complaint: no complimentary bottled water. We don’t drink tap water because we are in a different country on a regular basis. You can however boil water with room machine for coffee/tea/hot chocolate or drinking all complimentary. I especially enjoyed the complimentary hot chocolate.
Notice: it is a large property with two floors and stairs, so you almost need a map to walk the halls and find the lobby. Ask for garden view room when checking in or making reservation.
If you have to stay over at the airport I only recommend this hotel; strongly five stars ($17NZ+bus fare more than Ventura) and Ventura three stars (for price, free shuttle, $9.5 internet 24 hr, and no restaurant).
They are building a brand new Novotel 20 meters from the International Terminal.
Gold-Hilton Silver-Marriott