“Good location and Value”

Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We arrived at 5 p.m. on a Saturday afternoon. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Lovely room with a great bed. Very clean. The bar staff were very good and offered advice on drinks selection. Had dinner in the restaurant where again the staff were excellent and let us go at our own pace.
Thought the pricing in all aspects was very good. Left at 7 a.m. next morning for the airport which is only 5 minutes away. Again at check out, no problems and the transaction over very quickly despite there being a large tour group.
Have stayed here before but this time it seems that there has been an upgrade, and we will certainly look at it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BriJan4748
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Auckland Airport review.
What a delight to hear that you really enjoyed your stay and I appreciate the fact that you noticed how hard the team are working on delivering great service. I will be sure to pass on your positive feedback to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.
Stay Real

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel due to its proximity to the airport and the well-established reputation of HI.

A couple of reasons of why I was disappointed - feel free to judge it yourself:
1. The shower head fell off when I turned on the tap. I tried to fix it with no luck. I could have called someone for help but decided not to since I figured that I was only going to stay there for a night.
2. To make sure that I'm not late for our morning flight I had early breakfast. Kids were not fully awake yet so I wanted to take away some food from the buffet (what was I thinking??), and was told not to do that by one of the staff, who proceeded to shake her head as if I had committed either a grave crime or something totally dumb. I may be a cheapskate, but I'm not a thief, okay? I'd be happy to pay for whatever I took should she have told me that instead of shaking her head.

Again, judge it for yourself. Take this review (and others too!) with a pinch of salt. And to HI and its managers, thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank IsaacSutedja
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Hi Mr Sutedja,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport and for taking my phone call on Friday in regards to the first review you posted. I see that you amended your posting to provide a more balance viewpoint.

Firstly I would like to apologise that your stay was less than perfect and we will certainly learn from your experience. I have already shared your concerns with the team.

You mentioned to me on the phone and posted here that there were two areas of your visit that were of concern and that these two issues ruined your stay.

The first was regarding your shower. Our shower heads are adjustable and offer the option to be handheld. If the shower head is not placed back in it's holder correctly it can pop out of the holder if the water pressure is opened to full pressure. Again I apologise that this occurred and I have shared this with the Housekeeping team to ensure that we double check that shower heads are firmly back in their holders.

Your second concern was that a Chef asked you not to take breakfast buffet items from the restaurant. I have shared your concern with the team as to how you felt about this interaction and we will ensure that these type of issues are handled more diplomatically in the future. You expressed to me that you were surprised that we did not allow people to take breakfast foods from the buffet in the mornings. This is fairly standard policy across most hotels worldwide with a breakfast buffet. We do however offer an extensive room service breakfast option and we offer an express take away option.

I thank you again for commentary and I note that the areas of the hotels that you shared with me that you felt were great have been left of this review. You mentioned to me that generally the service was very good and friendly and that your room was very clean and comfortable.

I do hope that in future you would choose to raise any concerns you have with a hotel's facilities or service whilst you are in the hotel and allow the team to resolve your concern during your stay. Most issues can be resolved to a guest's satisfaction during their stay. We freely admit that we are not perfect and that from time to time there might be an issue requiring resolution but there is nothing that we cannot fix or resolve and we will always do our best to ensure our guests leave happy.

I do hope to see you again next time you are in Auckland.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

airport hotels can be awful as they are conveniently located yet can be either awful or expensive, this place is neither its clean smart and value for money ok walking between lobby and your room can be an expedition but rooms are modern and very comfy choice of pillows! something only usually supplied in places like the hilton group the buffet was also a surprise as many buffet can be awfully bland and predictable this again surprisingly great choices and fair value so will definetely stay there next trip to auckland

Room Tip: all seem good
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hi,
Thank you for reviewing Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

It was great to read that you enjoyed the friendly service and the comfortable. modern rooms. I am also delighted to learn that you particularly enjoyed the variety of the buffets in our restaurant.

It might interest you too know that the choice of pillows in the rooms is a Holiday Inn brand standard, you can find the pillow choice options of firm and soft in every Holiday Inn worldwide.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a culture of listening to customer feedback and acting on it. All the service and efforts for a wow factor are there on arrival, very welcoming and helpful staff and a stunning aquarium. Great value for money compared with the offerings with no compromises on quality and service. Totally recommend, and would even find an excuse to stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Jadedog
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. What a delight to read your feedback, thank you for the kind words. I will be sure to share your commentary with the team.

The team and I look forward to the next time you find an excuse to stay. Perhaps the newly opened Runway Mountain Bike Park that has just opened up nearby or The Villa Maria Winery just down the road. Both are great ideas for fun activities whilst in Auckland South.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was one of the delayed flight of Virgin blue, checked in on that date was so crazzy because the line was a log que but the staff who checked in me she is so professional, very helpful for us, i forget her name but i think she is a filipino with an accent like american..The food is okey but not a first class hotel food, the room is clean and the pillow is very comfortable. I will come back again to these hotel and recommend to my friends and family. Thank you Holiday Inn

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Auckland Airport experience. I am sorry to hear your flight was delayed but I am delighted to hear we were able to make your your short stay a memorable one.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland, hopefully not due to a delayed flight.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I stayed here for 10 days for business in two different rooms. First five days I got upgraded which was lovely, had a great view of the gardens and pool. Both rooms were great, loved the bath and having the air con was a huge plus in the muggy Auckland weather. Staff were very helpful with everything. Only real niggle was I went for dinner with colleagues in the restaurant one night and it took 25 minutes after being seated before anyone even took our drink order, and that was only because we flagged someone down. But this was a small blip on an otherwise very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: There's no lifts so if you have lots of luggage request a downstairs room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Check in was quick and efficient which was nice as it was nearly midnight and had spent the day driving! The room was perfect and had everything we needed and the housekeeping staff are so lovely. Check out was just as quick and efficient. Thanks so much for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.
So nice to hear that you had a great stay and the hotel delivered everything you needed for your quick stay. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are on the road.