“Perfect for what we needed”

Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Check in was friendly and efficient. IHG Rewards Club was also recognised which was nice. We had booked two king rooms for one night and both were clean and tidy. Friends of ours had flown in on an international flight quite late, so being close to the Airport was a bonus. We came down to the restaurant at 10pm and both the restaurant and bar were shut, fair enough it was very quiet. However the kind waitresses kindly made a table for us in the foyer area and served us dinner. See you again next month!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Samuel B
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your Holiday Inn Auckland Airport experience.
What a delight to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and we do look forward to seeing you again November.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel had a great location, close to the airport. All the staff were very friendly. The rooms were a great size and very well kept and clean. There was a good bar area, we partcularly enjoyed happy hour! The layout of the hotel was good and the outside area look nice and well maintained.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. It was so nice to read that you had a great stay. We are in fact very proud of our gardens. The gardens truly do offer an oasis in the Airport Precinct that is unique to the hotel and now that summer is nearly here it is a great place to enjoy a cold drink from the bar.
See you next time for happy hour.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night having booked what we thought was an hotel on the airport complex. The room was fine, staff were friendly and car parking was outside the room. A drink at the bar was normal excessive hotel prices.
To get to the airport airport it is either a taxi or bus. We opted for the bus which we were told left on the hour and half hour, cost $6 each one way and as it arrived 20 minutes after the stated departure time and went round other hotels on route rather than expecting to be at the airport 10 minutes after it was supposed to leave we arrived 40 minutes later. Had I know I would have taken a taxi.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesrosbifs

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.
It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable and that your interactions with the team was a highlight. Please accept my apologies for any delays with the Airport Shuttle Bus. The timetable is that it arrives on the hour and on the half hour and is about a 10 to 15 minute ride to the airport. I an only assume there was an external factor affecting the shuttle on this particular day but I can assure that this is an anomaly and is usually very punctual.
The team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Auckland.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We were put up in this hotel because of a flight diversion. We only spent four hours here but we were really really impressed. It was 3am when a bus load of diverted passengers arrived at the Holiday Inn and the staff were super organised. It was an incredibly smooth process. We had a gorgeous room with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was out of this world! Although we had a really really short stay here, our impressions were excellent. If I need a hotel at Auckland Airport, this will definitely be my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Hi,
Flight delays are never fun but we try very hard to make them as painless as possible for our guests. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay even though you were only with us for a short time. The team and I hope to see you next time under more enjoyable circumstances and I do hope the remainder of your trip was without surprise.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We used this as a simple overnighter as we were going to drive to Rotorua the next day. This hotel was close to the airport and was easy for us to get on our way early the next morning.

A simple standard hotel with standard features. Nothing exciting but standard.

Breakfast bar was OK and simple. suited the purpose.

Room Tip: No comment. Rooms are cheap and cheerful. If you don't expect a lot, you won't be disappoin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank fishinwater

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

We are glad to have been a comfortable stopover for you as you travel the North Island but it sounds like we have some way to go before you will describe the hotel as a great experience rather than just good.

We hope to see you again and to be able to show you that our breakfast is anything but simple. Try the choc chip banana pancakes from the breakfast chef who mans the live cooking station at breakfast. Her omelettes are pretty awesome too.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The Holiday Inn Auckland Airport is fast becoming my go-to hotel for Auckland stays when I don't need to be in the CBD night and day. Why? Proper treatment of frequent guests. IHG Rewards Club Platinum actually means something here. On my most recent stay, I received the correct benefits - a room upgrade (to a suite!), late checkout, free Wi-Fi, a newspaper, and so forth. Most importantly, the benefits were explained to me at checkin, even though I already knew what they should be. This means they are paying attention. I'm hardly a demanding hotel guest, but when I don't get what the chain's own rules say I'm entitled to, I'm often left with a bad taste in my mouth. No worries here, hence the 5 stars. Oh, and the parking's cheap too.

Room Tip: All rooms have modern individual a/c, so it's easy to get the temperature you prefer. If you wa...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. I am delighted to hear that we are your "go to hotel for Auckland".

The IHG Rewards Club really is a superb loyalty program with great benefits to guests. It is so very nice to hear that the program continues to enhance your stay here at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here for a week on business in September 2013. This was primarily because my regular hotel - Crowne Plaza Auckland Central was full up.

Being close to the airport is handy, but there is not much else around the Holiday Inn. If you are travelling without a car, you will be stuck here with very little to do.

Rooms were ok, if a little overpriced.

Staff here are lovely, the bar staff and restaurant staff are friendly and extremely helpful, and the chef even go used to me asking for eggs, she would prepare them the minute she saw me.

The "fitness room" well, its laughable, it is literally two old bedrooms with a multi-gym and a couple of weights, not really worth the hassle.

What really got me annoyed here was the price of the wi-fi internet access. It costs an absolute fortune! Factor this into your travel costs if travelling for business!!

Room Tip: All rooms generally suffer from some form of road noise, if you live in the city like me, this won...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Ryan S, Ryan South - General Manager at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to review Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to be accommodated at our sister hotel Crowne Plaza Auckland but I am delighted to hear that you chose Holiday Inn Auckland Airport as your back up accommodation.

I have great news for you that we are in the process of building a entirely new gym/fitness area experience in a custom built space within the property. It is at least twice the size of the temporary gym and will be complete with state of the art equipment from one of the world's leading fitness equipment suppliers.

As a regular IHG guest I am sure you are already an IHG Rewards Club Member. If not you can sign up for free at ihg.com. IHG Rewards Club Gold & Platinum Members are already receiving free internet worldwide and base members will receive free internet worldwide from January 1, 2014. It is free to become a base member. For those guests who choose not to join our free loyalty club we have priced our internet very competitively and you will find it is the best value in the Auckland Airport Precinct with current pricing of:
30 minutes free, $5 for 2 hours or $15 for 24 hours.

It was so nice to hear that you found the friendliness of the team to be a highlight and I will be sure to pass on your feedback and recognise our Breakfast Chef who does a great job preparing eggs just the way you like them each morning. The Breakfast Chef can also whip up a couple of other specialties and I can personally recommend trying the banana choc chip pancakes on your next visit.

We hope to see you again next time you are in Auckland so you can check out our new gym.