Holiday Inn Auckland Airport
$80
$98
$95
TripAdvisor
All reviewsihg memberauckland airportno liftyellow busnew zealandroom servicefree wifinext morningthe ground floorcomfortable stayroom was spaciousevery half hourstayed one nightroom ratelong flightan early morning flightlate check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've stayed here several times for stopovers in Auckland. As the hotel goes it's fine for this kind of visit: the staff are helpful and the rooms are a bit dated but clean and comfortable. The internet here though, is ridiculously poor value. At about NZD13.00 for 2-hours, that's roughly what I pay at home for 2-week's access at a much higher speed. I know many hotels charge like this, but it's about time we started complaining about it. I'm usually travelling for business, so going without internet access is really not an option for me.

The hotel has excellent access to the airport with a shuttle ($5 each way). However, if you have some time to kill and want to do any sightseeing, it's miles away from anything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
BSA-Auckland, Business Support Administrator at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Yannisee

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport. We really appreciate you taking the time to put your enjoyable stay in writing.

Please accept our apologies for the internet charges that are inline with the other hotels in the area. We understand how frustrating it is in this technological age that we are not able to offer better facilities or rates. So, this is one of our priorities and we are looking at changing our whole system. Please ask about our new charges next time you come to stay at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room comfortable, the staff friendly and dependable. We are lucky to have the benefit of being close to the airport but out of the flight path, which makes our rooms very quiet, but perfect for the business traveller.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

on behalf of

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here for three nights on business, this is a very handy location however I was disappointed that my fridge had not been cleaned out and both the service I received checking in and in the restaurant were below expectations (very slow). The staff in the bar however were great and I do like how it is really a single level hotel ( I had my 2 year old with me a it makes it easier with a pram) I would like to see and up grade of equipment in the gym . Will be trying out the new Novotel at the airport next time

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
BSA-Auckland, Business Support Administrator at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Aimeenz

Thank you for your feedback, we greatly appreciate hearing from our guests as it is essential for us to continue improving our service to you.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay with us. We have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department and restaurant; we welcome this opportunity to continue to improve our service to our guests.

We are pleased that you found our hotel child friendly and the staff helpful. We often get good feedback in regards to our location.

We hope that you will give Holiday Inn Auckland Airport a second chance if you are travelling to Auckland again.

On Behalf of

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I arrived at the Holiday Inn near midnight after a flight from Brisbane. Reception staff were in attendance waiting for me and were very helpful. Although my card was swiped, there was no additional charge. On day of departure, reception staff kindly offered newspaper while I waited for shuttle bus for airport departing 5:30am.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
BSA-Auckland, Businesss Support Administrator at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Dear Graeme S

Many thanks for your review about our hotel. We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and that the reception staff were dependable and friendly. It’s the small things like a newspaper to read or a smile, while you wait for our shuttle, that makes you feel welcome.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next Auckland visit!

On Behalf of

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Good size room with nice comfortable beds.
They advertise a mini bar in your room stil yet to find one?
Room service prompt and friendly.
Would recommend.
Friendly staff in restaurant and bar. Mixed reception welcome.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
BSA-Auckland, Business Support Administrator at Holiday Inn Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Aircrew C

Many thanks for your review about our hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to put your enjoyable stay in writing.

We have recently implemented the removal of mini bar from all our rooms and it is now available on request. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Auckland Airport on your next visit.

On behalf of

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I recently stayed here one night after flying in late to Auckland with an early domestic flight the next morning.
The shuttle bus picks up every half hour which was easy and convienient.
The front desk service was good, easy to check in and out.
I had some room service dinner (salad) and unfortunately that took 35 minutes.
The room was comfortable and clean - no problems.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear MelAxP

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the room comfortable and modern, the staff dependable and friendly. We are lucky to have the benefit of being close to the airport but out of the flight path, which makes our rooms very quiet.

Please accept our apology for the inconvenience we have caused you during your stay. There is no excuse for our lapse in service, and we acknowledge the inefficiency on our part, we have shared your comments with the department concerned and the issue raised will be addressed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn Auckland Airport on your next visit to Auckland.

On behalf of