“Location, location, location”

Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at the Jet Park numerous times and have always had great service, rooms are quite modern and comfortable. I have only ever encountered courteous staff. I especially love the free parking they provide and the drop off and pick up shuttle service at the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JetParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Dear Heather,

Thank you for your kind comments and I am glad that you had a comfortable stay with us.

It is always encouraging for us to learn that our guests are satisfied with our product & services as that is what we at Jet Park Hotel strive for.

Thanks for your continued patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Auckland.

Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (2,956)

Reviewed September 16, 2012

You will not be disappointed with booking a reservation at the Jet Park hotel, Auckland.
We stayed here the night before we were due to fly and the rooms were great, bathrooms were particularly new and nice.
The restaurant there serves great food, really delicious, but with a couple glasses of wine dont expect to get much change from $150. But who cares its the start of your holiday right !
we left early so we didnt get to have brekkie, but I am sure it would of been great as still in the same restuarant.
My only small quabble was that there was an extensive sky tv magazine on the bedroom cabinet, but we didnt seem to have any of the channels ..........or a very poor selection. Would be great to have a Sky channel that constantly plays movies, as we got dropped to the hotel at 3pm, and there isnt really anything to do there if you dont have a car, so some movies would have been welcomed.
staff were also very polite and the airport shuttle was good and on time.

Thanks Jet Park would recommend.

Room Tip: its worth upgrading to the next category up from the basic room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We only stayed for one very short night at the Jet Park Hotel after coming in off an international flight so consequently we did not have the opportunity to fully enjoy the hotel's amenities. I wouldn't normally provide a review after such a short stay however I thought I would as I was prompted to comment by a 'thanks for staying with us, please provide us with your comments' email coming directly from Jet Park themselves. The email had a 'comments' button which linked straight through to Trip Advisor.

The positives were that I thought the room was good value for money (we purchased a mystery deal via Wotif so this may have been a discounted rate). Our room was clean, spacious and well appointed. The bathroom was modern and had an excellent shower. The beds were a little on the hard side for my liking but of course this is personal preference. I was impressed to see that by contacting Housekeeping a range of different types of pillows was available, I wish more hotels did this!

The negative things I have to say are mostly very small points and I am only providing this feedback as the email I received from the General Manager said that they were striving to provide 'an impeccable product complimented by superb service' so good for them and I can certainly help with this!

After picking up our bags and clearing customs etc at the Auckland Airport we rang Jet Park for our airport pick-up. Although it was only about 9.30pm local time we had come from the Cook Islands so it felt somewhat later than this and we were travelling with our 17 month old son so we were keen to be picked up as soon as possible. The Jet Park staff member that my husband spoke to directed us to the right door to wait outside of and said that a shuttle would be along 'shortly'. We waited outside for close to half an hour before the shuttle came by, it was cold and raining. Had we known it was going to be a half hour wait we would have stayed inside for the first 20 or so minutes of this time. Once the shuttle did arrive there were many more people waiting for it than it had the capacity to transport so some had to be left behind.

I realise that the logistics of this service must be difficult to arrange but because it was late, and a bit cold and rainy it turned in to a bit of a 'bun rush' for seats on the van and I wonder if it would be possible to have a better system around the transfers. Some people had been waiting for a half hour like us and some people had literally just wandered out of the terminal a few moments prior. And yet it came down to a matter of who was the fastest/most aggressive as to who got on the shuttle. Would it be possible for the driver to be provided with a list of guest names along with the times that they had rung so that in this sort of situation he could accept guests on a 'first rung, first taken' basis ... ?

We were disappointed to see that our room did not have a cot in it as arranged and stated on our Wotif booking confirmation. I'm not quite sure why this is, perhaps just bad luck, but on our recent holiday we stayed in 3 separate accommodations and had cots booked for each place. None of the three places had the cots in the room when we checked in.

In the case of Jet Park because it was so late and our son was exhausted and asleep in our arms we simply made him a bed up on the floor using cushions off the couch. Again this probably sounds like a small thing, and of course I assume we could have made a phone call and had a port-a-cot brought up to our room but at that hour we just wanted to be able to put him to bed straight away and we didn't want the noise of a knock on the door, cot assembly etc to wake him. A small thing but after an international flight with a tired infant, oh how lovely it would be to just once walk in to a room with a cot in it as arranged!!!

Two small points about the room, the hand-soap dispenser in the bathroom was empty and the time on the bed-side clock radio was out by 8 minutes.

As we had an early start in the morning (we had to get up at 5am) I rang reception to arrange a wake-up call. This was no problem and the call duly came at 5 the next morning - great! I answered the phone beside the bed quickly as we had hoped to keep our sleep-deprived infant asleep for as long as possible. However a few minutes later, when we were in the shower, a second call came through, the first one was a manual call (i.e. a human on the end of the line) and the second call was automated. It was really good to be woken up by the pre-arranged wake-up service and two calls is definitely better than none, but one would have been ideal! : )

My last negative comment to make is regarding our check-out. I realise it was early in the morning, but it was disappointing that when I approached reception with our key cards and provided our room number the only words spoken to me by the staff member behind the desk were 'Anything from the mini-bar?'. Once I had responded 'No' to this the gentleman simply said 'ok'. There was no eye-contact, no enquiry along the lines of 'was everything ok with your stay?' and certainly no warm good-bye, have a nice day etc.

I realise that I appear to have made quite a few negative comments about Jet-Park but I would stress that we had a very short stay with them and so did not have the opportunity to take advantage of their room amenities and hotel facilities properly ... for example their restaurant etc. So to be fair to Jet Park I'm sure we would have had many more positive things to say if we had stayed for a longer time.

I also went in to some detail here on the basis that this feed-back was invited by Jet-Park themselves. I hope that this is helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
JetParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Julia,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and it is with sincere regret I read that your stay with us was mixed and some of your expectations were not met.

Our complimentary airport shuttle service is very popular and usually we do pick-ups within 10-15 minutes from the first call; it seems that in this instance we have failed. Further, I am absolutely appalled at what you have written about the shortfalls regarding the housekeeping items along with your concerns during the check-out and had immediately begun an investigation. I can assure you that this kind of service is completely unacceptable to me, and certainly not the standard we have here at Jet Park Hotel. I have addressed your comments with respective staff members involved and can assure you that we take complaints of this nature very seriously.

Julia, I am extremely embarrassed and cannot apologise enough for the inconvenience. Please rest assured that the issues you raised would be taken care off and we hope that you shall give us another chance to restore your faith in us. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Thanks for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back at Jet Park Airport Hotel.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Room was nice & modern, beds were comfy, and staff were pleasant. Bathroom was the let down - unclean, hairs all over the floor. There was a horrible musky smell coming from the shower drain. The whole room could have done with a good vacuum.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to share your comments with us and I am glad to know that the room and services provided by our staff were to your liking.

However, I am extremely embarrassed to read about the bathroom being left unclean and cannot apologise enough on behalf of the housekeeping team. This kind of service is completely unacceptable to me and as you will have read on other reviews, this is definitely not a true reflection of our usually high standards at Jet Park Hotel.

I have addressed this issue with our Executive Housekeeper and we would like to investigate the matter further to ensure that this type of error does not re-occur. I can assure you that we take complaints of this nature very seriously. Please contact me directly at milindp@jetpark.co.nz so as to make necessary amends.

I am looking forward to hearing from you and we hope your next stay with us is more comfortable.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

It was the 14 days of free car storage that got our attention when we first stayed here. Since that time we would have stayed here on at least 5 more occasions.

Very close to the airport, free shuttle, free car storage for 2 weeks, CLEAN, tidy, well priced, good food.

Recommend getting the rooms with the 2 x queens as they are larger and also appear newer. The hotel complex is safe and secure and well maintained.

We've only ever seen it busy yet have not had to wait more than 5-10 minutes to be served.

Elevator's a bit small and it could do with additional access points to the upper floors but apart from that, a great stay, especially if you're flying out of Auckland - perfect location and premises.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MTKTA

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We were delighted to learn that you had a comfortable stay with us and particularly value our hotel.

Thank you for your continued patronage & we look forward to welcoming you again at Jet Park Hotel.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed here for just one night before we flew out of auckland. The rooms were lovely and the drop off at airport service was excellent. Free parking while we were away made this a very reasonable option. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
JetParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

I am very pleased to know that the upkeep of the hotel & services provided by our staff was to your liking. Your appreciation has been humbly received.

Thank you very much for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back at Jet Park Airport Hotel.

Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here one night on transit from Australia to Japan. We had a poor experience here relative to the other reviews written about this hotel.
1) Shuttle Problems from AUK
On arrivial, we used the free phones but could not connect for about 10 minutes on the phone. They kept asking us to leave a message and they would call back... When I finally did talk to someone they said they would be there shortly. So we wait... and wait... and wait... for 20 minutes. We call back and they say the shuttle was full and they will send another one. But there were so many people waitint we could not get a place (we had a lot of luggage and a family). The whole process was totally disorganized and we had to split our family into two shuttles just to get back to the hotel.
There were no luggage carts available when we arrived at the hotel either, and no porters to help with the luggage. I saw some in the morning when we left, so they have them. However, I guess that customers take them to their rooms and then do not return them.
2) Family Suite
We booked the "Familiy" suite long before our trip and we did get the room we booked. The problem was that it was not a "family" suite. IT was just two adjacent rooms, they threw some kids toys in the room and some colorful pillows on the bed.
There was no bath in the showers. This is unacceptable considering that it is a "family" room. They left only a child plastic bath that you have to move into the shower. It would be better not to advertise it as a "family" room if there is no real bath available.
There was no prices for the mini bar items, so I could not tell what, if anything, was complimentary (the cookies? the coffee? the tea? the water?). They brought a price list after I requested one.
3) Internet and Bar
Free internet is only in the lobby bar area. I think if we are paying for a suite, they better dam well include the internet for free. We are paying a fortune for the rooms, why can't they include the internet? In addition, the bar was closed at 11:30 at night. This also seems a bit silly to me. You can only use the internet free there, so why did it close at 11:30? This is especially strange in a airport hotel where people have all different "time zones" in their heads and might want a drink after a long day. Instead, they force you to use the mini bar, I guess.
4) The positive side - The room service was GREAT!
On the positive side, the room service was excellent. We ordered as soon as we got into our rooms and it was up in less than 20 minutes. The food was actually excellent tasting as well. The Thai soup (soup of the day) could have been spicier, considering it was supposed to be Thai soup, but it was ok. The burger we got was delicious. They also brought up extra bread at our request at no charge (a lot of hotels I have stayed at would have charged).
We left the breakfast card on the door for an early start in our room as well. They delivered the breakfast on time and it was all delicious. We asked for soy milk (we wrote it into the card because it wasn't listed), and they accomodated our request. Overall, the room service was really great.
5) Last mentions
We did not have any problems with noise from flights or anything. The shuttle in the morning was on time and we did not have any problems getting to the hotel. Our driver (Andrew from Manchester) was very nice and cheerful. We saw like 5 rainbows on the way, so we knew it would be a better day.

Overall, the hotel experience was not great. The shuttle experience on arrival was just aweful. The hotel was ok, but not up to expectations given the advertisements and the price for a Family Suite. The food was great and room service was excellent, exceeding our expectations. The staff were friendly and helpful, but I think they are just not the best prepared airport hotel.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Steven,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and it is with sincere regret to read that your stay with us was mixed and some of your expectations were not met.

Our complimentary airport shuttle service is very popular and usually we do pick-ups within 10-15 minutes from the first call, and it seems that in this instance we have failed. I have addressed this one-off incident with the concierge and can assure you that we take complaints of this nature very seriously.

Further, all our family suites which are very carefully designed are very competitively priced; we often receive positive guest comments about the same. Moreover we do not advertise of having baths in family rooms while all our executive suites, apartments and some superior king rooms comes with bath.

With regards to the internet, all our deluxe room types come with Free high speed Wi-Fi internet along with Bar & Lobby areas. Moreover, as we strictly follow council guidelines we close the bar at a set time and offer a free internet access afterhours in our business centre which seems to be overlooked at that late night hour.

Steven, your experience does not reflect the level of service we endeavour to provide at Jet Park Hotel and I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during the event.
However, I am very pleased to read how you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and especially enjoyed our room dinner & breakfast services. Your kind words have been conveyed to Andrew and Room Service Staffs which have indeed served as a great source of encouragement for them.

Please rest assured that the issues you experienced were one-off incidents and would be rectified without delay. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.