“Handy airport location with excellent conference facilities”

Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Sydney, Australia
“Handy airport location with excellent conference facilities”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Modern accommodation handy to airport with complimentary shuttle service on demand. Stayed in an Executive Suite with excellent furnishings and good facilities. Reception very responsive and willing to please. Used conference facilities for one week and found the catering and general services to be of an excellent standard. Hotel also offers complimentary secure parking for 14 days for guests who stay a minimum of x1 night.

Room Tip: Free wireless broadband access in Deluxe rooms but soon to be offered more broadly throughout hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Russel S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (548)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We had stayed here on our stopover to Tahiti from Australia and also on the way back. It is quite a distance away from the airport but luckily enough the hotel do provide a relatively reliable shuttle bus.

The hotel itself is located in what I'd consider an industrial area and there isn't much around it. So if you're thinking about using it beyond an overnight stopover stay then I'd recommend you look elsewhere.

The rooms itself are decent - they're clean and comfortable. I share the same problems as with the previous reviewers in saying the air conditioner needs attention. It is too noisy and we had trouble working ours. Everything else provided was as expected and I was happy with that.

The restaurant there is lovely! The dinner on their menu is absolutely superb.

Staff there are friendly and generally easy to get along with. Although we did have a problem on the way back to Australia where a staff member had botched our reservation. At 12:30 am the staff at the desk were trying to figure out what was happening and I must admit she didn't handle it in the best manner. I had been up for 21 hours already and I just wanted a room to go to sleep ready for our 4:30 am flight and she just kept repeating "you're not on our system, well you are but at the same time you're not". Clearly this was a problem on their end and I couldn't see why they couldn't firstly give us our room and fix their problem without having us standing there falling asleep on their counter. Anyway, I'm sure this is a once-off incident but it did leave me with a lesser opinion of this hotel.

Finally, we had requested a wake up call for our 4:30 am transfer to the airport... it never happened. A rather big flaw if they consider themselves an "airport hotel"

On the balance of things, although I was happy with it as a tranfers hotel (making it rated at 4) it did lack in fundamental areas (making it rated a 2).... so I've compromised and given it a 3.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Hung D
, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed the food at our award winning Te Mararo Restaurant along with the use of our complimentary airport shuttle services.

However, I am sorry to read that your stay with us was mixed and some of your expectations were not met. I would like to apologize to you for this inconvenient experience and would like to make amends. We would like to investigate the matter further, so that we can ensure that this type of error does not re occur. I have addressed the issues you experienced on your check-in with the concerned staff member and can assure you that we take complaints of this nature very seriously.

It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our guests.

Could you please contact me directly so that we can investigate the room number with noisy air con. I am looking forward to hearing from you so we can make necessary amends and we hope your next stay with us is more comfortable.

Best Regards,

Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Duneidn
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stayed overnight and was a good sleep. A new hotel so rooms were what one would expect. It was a little noisy from the airport, but that is to be expected I guess being right next to it. I paid quite a bit for the room, and was disappointed in all the extras that were added on. They seemed to be charging for everything they could think of and get away with. The staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help. The food in the restaurant was very expensive for what it was, and left me still hungry. I wrote down my email when I checked in - big mistake. I found myself on a spam email list which has proved a pain to try and get off. I won't stay there again (despite a manager apologising and offering me a free upgrade next time I stay), there are plenty of hotels around the airport with better overall service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Auckland
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We recently stayed at the Jet Park Airport Hotel and were amazed with the type of service and hospitality we experienced. We stayed in Deluxe King room which was modern and very clean. Restaurant food was delicious while free Wi-Fi was an added bonus. Being an Airport Hotel there is nothing much that you could do but this hotel has bikes which you can hire for very competitive price. They have got free shuttles which runs every 30 minutes to Airport and near by Shopping Complex. The staffs are very polite, friendly, and helpful. We would come back to stay here and the comes with free car parking while you are away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for valuable feedback and it is great to know that you had a pleasant stay Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre .

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best Regards,

Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
Hawera, New Zealand
Reviewed June 3, 2012

other helpful tibbets like:
- free car parking while youre overseas
- a free shuttle to and from the airport
- 24hr reception service

We stayed here before we left, and when we returned. Definately appreciated the late check out after a midnight flight from Sydney, and..... it was lovely ringing the hotel shuttle to collect us, and the voice on the end of the phone, was bright and bubbly. Great service

Room Tip: Book online, they have some great deals
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allie H
Pukekohe Rural
Reviewed May 30, 2012

When you are racing between planes but do not want to pay the price of the hotel just outside the Auckland International Air terminal, this little 'stopover gem' may well suit (just 5 mins by car or taxi). It also has the added attraction of 2 weeks free parking if you have a one-night stopover.
In fact, apart from what seemed to be a very hard bed with no padding (we had a standard room), it was perfect. Very clean, good food, swimming pool, and friendly and helpful staff.

Next time we shall try a 'superior' room and hopefully that will also enable us to get a more comfortable bed (along with free wifi).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
JetParkHotel, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Hi ”Karelkat”, thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed the food at our award winning Te Mararo Restaurant along with the use of our complimentary free car parking facility.
However, I am very sorry to hear that you found the bed in your room too hard. We have a strict rotation and replacement policy in our hotel for beds, and usually we have the comment that the beds are comfy. Could you please contact us directly so that we can investigate the room number with a hard bed. I am looking forward to hearing from you so we can make necessary amends and we hope your next stay with us is more comfortable.

Front Office Manager
Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre.
te awanga
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I asked for a quiet room as i needed to sleep before a long flight. They put me in a room above the 24hr reception which sees guests come and go all night often dropped off by the Hotels van all of which is of course noisy!
They moved me to a very nice room in the new wing which was both quiet and more luxurious so that was nice. The meal in the restuarant was OK but unnecessarily expensive. ( a side salad which was just that- green leaves with balsamic) for $10?
The breakfast was good for an unfortunately gluten free guest but when I asked for a decaf coffee there was an extra $4 charge!
Lastly, I arrived home to find that my credit card had been charged for three soft drinks from a rooms mini bar which I had not had. irritatingly they had asked me on check out and I had told them that I had had nothing from the mini bar! So didn't they believe me?

So the experience was OK with the second room being better than average but the little things have put me on guard should I need to stay at an airport hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room in the new wing!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that your stay with us was mixed and some of your expectations were not met. I would like to apologize for the incorrect charge on your credit card and we would like to make things right. It would be much appreciated, if you could contact me directly so that I can process a refund for an incorrect charge. We hope to hear from you shortly.

Front Office Manager
Jet Park Airport Hotel & Conference Centre.