“Good for a first/last night in New Zealand”

Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Lichfield
“Good for a first/last night in New Zealand”
Reviewed October 28, 2011

The Jet Park Airport Hotel is, obviously, close to Auckland airport and provides a free courtesy bus to the terminal. It is a large modern hotel with reasonably spacious rooms which are well appointed including a large flat screen TV, comfortable seating and good beds. The bathroom was clean with a powerful shower. There is an informal cosy bar which serves meals in addition to a good selection of beers and wine (although it is fairly expensive). Breakfast was buffet style with a reasonable choice, eggs were good but the bacon was under cooked and sausages were unpleasant. I would recommend it for a first night or last night in new Zealand.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (561)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Hotel has everything you need if you're flying in and out of auckland. Great service, friendly staff especially the man in the airport shuttle that took us to hotel (english guy recently moved to NZ) very informative and I'm a Kiwi. Restaurant food was very good and service was excellent. Rooms modern and clean.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Jet Park staff are friendly and helpful who make you feel welcome. They have a great shuttle service that will take you to nearby shopping malls and gyms. The driver was even cheerful when dropping us off at the airport at 3a.m. Rooms are well maintained, clean, quiet and comfortable. The restaurant food is good quality if pricey but the breakfast was great. Reception staff helped out when my room phone didn't work and had it fixed in no time. For an overnight stay before a flight or even as a first stop if arriving late, I'd recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have used this hotel repeatedly for both in and outbound transfer accommodation and business stays for Auckland business meetings, where locals are prepared to share the awful taxi costs of doing business in auckland by agreeing to work close to the airport. this venue provides an excellent opportunity to fly in people from around the country, take advantage of the free hotel shuttle, and have local people also welcomed into conference facilities.
Rooms I have always found excellent...I recommend the Cullinan Wing
Dining in the restaurant is also great, reasonably priced quality

Room Tip: The Culinan wing is excelent
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank totarapom
Napier, New Zealand
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Had the privilege of staying here for a night while on business.

Was working late so checked in around 8.30pm.
Friendly reception staff, didn’t take too long before i was handed my room keys. Room was clean, bathroom wasn't bad either until I lifted the toilet cover, used toilet paper awaiting flush. Gross!

Anyways after freshening up, went downstairs for a meal and around 9.55pm to ask if I could get a table for one. Was told the kitchen was closed but I could get snack meals from the bar.
Even though the restaurant flyer in my room said, open from 8-11pm.

Casting my eyes over the bar menu, nothing overly exciting, so settled in for "Kiwi Style" fish and chips, cost $25.00, the bar tender was a nice chap, trying his best to keep the punters happy with his conversations.

Didn’t have to wait long for my meal to get to my table.
And wow, chunky chips with a couple of battered fish pieces which was rather bland, aioli and a couple of takeaway tomatoe sauce sachets. Impressive! food tossed on a plate that was about it really. I've had better food come out of meals wrapped in newspaper with flavour to go with it.

Had a few bites then made my way back to my room, couldn't dare to finish my meal.
Sleep quality was very good. Not sure if it was my bed or the fact I was knackered from a tiresome day. Either way I slept well. Got up at 5.30 and happily checked out before 7.

Free wireless internet for business stayers would be nice or I guess I could book a deluxe room for 20MB of free internet per day.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Zealnz
Bambi W, Front Office Manager at Jet Park Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Dear " Zealnz",

I have just read your experience here with us at the JetPark Hotel & Conference Centre, and I am appalled and embarrassed that your room was in such a state upon checking in, and to further enhance what you have experienced thus far - "refused" seating due to a slight timing issue???.

We stand behind what we offer at the JetPark Hotel - and at any one point, during your stay, I always encourage our guests to contact the Duty Manager on shift (24 hours a day), where we are more than happy to take care of any matters which may arise during anyones stay.

I would like to further investigate the "Sub-par" service and standards that you experienced during your stay with us - but would need you to contact me direct at: bambiw@jetpark.co.nz, in order for me to conduct this investigation with each department thoroughly. I would greatly appreciate if you could contact me direct, so I can see where we went wrong and actually help us "fine - tune" where we need to, to ensure that "an experience" like this is not repeated.

Kind Regards,
Bambi Wichman.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We had our flight from Auckland to Singapore cancelled and were put up in this hotel by the airline. We couldn't have been more surprised as we thought it would be the cheapest one going. From the start, the Reception Staff greeted us as though we were 5 star Clients. The room was deluxe and very clean and comfortable. The Staff could not do enough for you, one even arranged for the airport transfer bus to drop us off at the local supermarket on the way to the airport. The restaurant has exceptional food for lunch and dinner with a well stocked breakfast bar and they will cook you any dish you prefer. Bunny, the Chief Concierge is exceptional by looking after you and keeping you updated.
I recommend and would definitely use this Hotel again, it's a star amongst all the others.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Lindayg,

Thank you for your favorable feedback during your recent stay with us at Jet Park Airport Hotel. We are pleased that even though your stay was brief that you were able to still enjoy some of the services that we provide.

We do look forward to welcoming you on your next journey to New Zealand.

Your Sincerely

Bambi Wichman,
Front Office Manager,
Jet Park Airport Hotel
Karratha, Western Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I booked mainly because the offered room service until late, as we were arriving from overseas just before midnight. I emailed them confirming they did indeed have room service till the small hours.............the response was YES!

In reality they didn't have this, this or this, so the starving little tourists done exactly that till breakfast. The breakfast looked nice, tasted nice, but alas was cold!

The hotel is not far from the airport, but so easy with the free shuttle service. The rooms have obviously been revamped as they were very clean & comfortable, along with plenty of hot water & plenty of pressure.

If you are staying a few days & want to go to the city, it will cost you a small fortune for a return taxi ride, in that case you are better to stay in the city itself. This is an Airport hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family