“Convenient Location, Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakwood Manor Auckland Airport Motor Lodge

Oakwood Manor Auckland Airport Motor Lodge
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
New Zealand
“Convenient Location, Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband is the one who stayed here for one night, on a trip to Auckland. He has said the accomodations were brilliant: clean, reasonably up to date, very presentable, and comfortable. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The airport shuttle service was top knotch, no waiting, no hassle. The restaurant food was delicious, although he did say he had to wait quite a while for his night meal due to lack of staff apparently that night. The free breakfast was awesome and a good range of food. Overall, he as asked me to do the report, as he felt he wanted to give them a thumbs up, and we paid only $69 for the room, free shuttle, and breakfast!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lisabug1964

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are looking for a cheap, friendly place to stay near Auckland Airport then this is the place for you. After arriving into Auckland after midnight it was a blessing to have the courtesy driver collect us from the airport and take us back to the hotel. ( There was one small hiccup - when I rang from the airport phone no one answered and I had to leave a message. That was because the driver was out on another run ) Our room had twin beds, instead of the requested queen bed, but it didn't matter. The room was very dated but had everything we needed for one quick night close to the airport and as we only paid $55 for the room we were very happy. The next morning we were even able to get a free ride to where we were picking up our campervan. We couldn't fault this service and the friendliness of the person at reception.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

I had the pleasure of being a guest on the day the revived Oakwood Manor was opened officially by the Prime Minister John Key. I called the hotel from the airport, (Go to I-Site and dial 22) for a pickup as a free shuttle service is provided. In no time at all I was picked up and driven to Oakwood Manor which is a 10 minute drive from the airport. I was greeted by happy friendly staff and given the key to my room. Room was very clean and spacious. New beds and new televisions had just been put in the refurbished rooms. The Prime Minister arrived and the hosts and staff put on a wonderful welcome for him. Very professional. There is a restaurant on site with a very appetizing selection of meals. The food is delicious and service is wonderful. Bed was very comfortable and had a beautiful peaceful sleep. I went in to try the breakfast in the morning as I wanted to catch a bus in to the city (leaves directly out the front). A fabulous assortment of fresh muffins (delicious!) cereals, toast, fruits, cooked breakfast too. Coffee, tea, juices. The list goes on!
This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are exceptional, comfortable, clean and quiet, staff friendly and accomodating. Food delicious and of great variety, rental cars available at reception and there is also a pool which I will definitely use when I revisit in the warmer months.
I highly recommend Oakwood Manor and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank MEGAN R
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

Maybe under new management now Oakwood manor has changed and upgraded !! Perfect stay .. Rooms are great value super happy I went back !! See you all next time I'm in auckland nice effort team .. Forgot to ask about room service .. Restaurant is a must try

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Beautee_ozzy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

With 21 days free parking per one night stay this suited our purposes perfectly for the start and finish of a recent long overseas trip.
Upon arrival, and with heavy luggage, our pre allocated room was immediately changed to one with direct vehicle access. Thank you.
Upon our return that experience was repeated! Thank you again.
The free airport transfers were trouble free, and prompt.
Room fine.
Staff excellent (thank you Tania, and others!).
Only (minor) "complaint" - some dishes on the small restaurant menu a little overpriced ( notably the mushroom fettuccine that my wife had - my fish and chips were cheaper, excellent, and far better value)!
This will certainly now be our hotel of choice when flying in/out of Auckland.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank peter h
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

I would like to say this is a wonderful clean and tidy place to stay and we will stay again on our next visit. Bed was comfortable and had a lovely sleeep. The lady on the phone was wonderful and very pleasant as we were lost but her directions were perfect and we made it. My husband and I arrived late on a Friday night about two weeks ago and what a warm welcoming we got from both Tanya and William. Lovely they both were. Tanya got William to check us in and he did extremly well with her telling him what to do when he asked her so well done to you both. Hope to see you both again. A big thank you and great team work William and Tanya.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tazz14
Broken Hill, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

We pre booked here through Agoda.com for one night because of trip advisor, price, location and the free shuttle service.
This was the only booking, other than the return flight home, we made before leaving Australia.
We had decided that next morning my husband would take the shuttle to the airport and obtain a hire car, then return and pick me up from the motel. Warren – the Manager – queried him getting on the airport shuttle and suggested if he waited 20 minutes, Warren would organize one for half the price.
This he did plus spent a copious amount of time with our map suggesting outstanding places of interest and then negotiated and booked ahead two more nights accommodation at Paihia, gateway to the Bay of Isles, the Hole in the Rock and the original settlement of Russell. Not only was our Holiday starting to become extremely affordable because of Warrens negotiating, the generosity of this man in many ways was beginning to make us feel like we were with family.
My summary here is “We were amongst the best of the best in customer service, a team with a genuine love of their fellow man, brilliant advocates and ambassadors of the tourism industry, the country and the people of new Zealand. We were treated like loved and respected family by a generous, thoughtful and willing group of indigenous staff who love and respect their managers Warren & John who themselves exhibit the kindness, generous and most thoughtful qualities that mankind can aspire to.”
I might add that we had intended to stay one night here only – but over the eight days in the north island, we stayed here three nights.
Can you put a price on excellence, kindness & generosity?
Kindest Regards