“good solid value and rooms”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I stay here a few times a year and the place is allways clean. comfy beds nice bathrooms and never much noise from next door rooms. front desk can be a little hot or cold depending on who is on duty. Normally under 100 for the night so it exceeds all expectations for that price range especially with a free shuttle to the airport. will stay again

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Shalend P, Front Office Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest.

Thanks for taking your time and reviewing our hotel.

It is our pleasure to know that you had a lovely stay at our hotel, and we also glad to know that you are our returning guest.

As your comment's towards our front desk staff I would love to inform you that we are contributing more time towards customer service and staff training.

Please keep in touch and looking forward to welcome you in near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Not advertised on airport board so had to ask for number to ring for minibus
which arrived promptly. Check in staff pleasant, had a lovely steak and chips meal, basic but tasty for the hungry traveller. Bed comfortable and bathroom clean. Very good value for money

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Doug P
Shalend P, Front Office Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Dear Doug

Thanks for taking your time and reviewing our hotel. This is to inform that we are advertise on the board under #24 which is situated at both the information Centres at Auckland Airport.

However we are glad to know that other services provided by the hotel and staff was much appreciated and you had a wonderful stay.

Keep in touch and looking forward to welcome you in near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 2, 2014

For an overnight stay before flying overseas, it's ideal. Tea and coffee making facilities are in-room, as is a fridge. My room was clean and I appreciated the fan and the free shuttle bus to the airport.

Although free breakfast is included in the price, if you have an early flight and have to leave before before 7am, there is no breakfast. Surely a bowl and spoon plus an individual packet of cereal could be supplied, along with a portion of either tinned or fresh fruit and maybe a yoghurt. There is a fridge in the room so these items could be supplied on request and kept in the fridge overnight. This hotel is mainly for air travellers (as the name indicates) and having to be at the airport at least 2 hours before a flight means no breakfast if your flight is before 10.30am.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank NZTraveller666
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed here the night prior to our departure back to the US. It was a basic room, nothing special, but sufficient. The staff tried to be helpful, but every person we came in contact with had some problems speaking clear English. It was difficult to have clear conversations and to be certain we were understood. I would not recommend to friends, and would look for other accommodations in future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our transfer to Australia. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and managed the early morning transfer to the airport very well for us. The hotel is modern with large rooms and many facilities. The hotel was also moderately priced and quite close to the airport. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank KeithD50
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Keith
We are very glad to hear that our little touches enhanced your stay and you had a lovely time. It is wonderful to know that you would recommend this hotel. Thank you and please stay in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter so we can provide you with our best rates for your return!

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Dirty sheets - upon finally getting my teething baby to sleep, I discovered bed sheets full of somebody's pubes (gross). Rather than wake her, I decided to sleep on top of the bed. In the morning I told reception, who responded 'you should have told us so we could change them'. I said I didn't want baby woken again. They said 'you should have phoned us then'. (Apparently this was all MY fault). I don't even think he apologised. I don't mind mistakes (eg not realising new people checking in to a room), but I mind rudeness and arrogance. I didn't expect much for the price, but clean sheets are a pretty basic requirement for a hotel.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Baggles2
Thank you for your comments about the standard of housekeeping. This is of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our housekeeping standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive House Keeper and will follow up personally to understand what we can do better as a property. It is disappointing to hear that our service did not work, as it should have. It would be helpful in rectifying the problem for future guests if you could provide me with your room number. My email is – shalend@vrgroup.co.nz

Please accept my apology for your experience and hope to hear soon from you with your stay room number which will help me in disciplining my staff.

With Regards

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Upon booking this property I selected a so called suite to ensure a quite nights sleep. In the booking I made a note to advise I was competing in an ironman in a couple of days and need a quiet room for a decent nights sleep. That night we were woken around every hour with people thumping their bags down the stairs.. It was a terrible nights sleep and when say the least.

Upon letting reception staff know I had an indifferent response and got the feeling that the complaints come often and are tiresome .

I was nothing short of exhausted after this stay and exactly what I was trying to avoid even I selected this hotel.. When I emailed the Manager about this I was insulted with a 10% discount off my next stay.. You have to be kidding me! You couldn't pay me to stay here again!

Other NZ properties we stayed at were amazing! Be warned the staff are terrible, management are worse and it's noisy as hell...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holidayoneonone

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you had a stay that was not up to your expectations. Please note that our property have stairs, some amount of minimalistic noise is to be expected when opening up your balcony door. I am happy to say that our rooms are well insulated in general and therefore retain heat well and keep away most sounds. None the less, we will do some investigation to see what can be done to limit these sounds in the future.

Take care and I hope your comment might be different if we had given you full refund as requested via email communication.

With Thanks