$157
$165
Trip.com
$98
$95
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our transfer to Australia. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful and managed the early morning transfer to the airport very well for us. The hotel is modern with large rooms and many facilities. The hotel was also moderately priced and quite close to the airport. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Keith_Darlington
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Keith
We are very glad to hear that our little touches enhanced your stay and you had a lovely time. It is wonderful to know that you would recommend this hotel. Thank you and please stay in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter so we can provide you with our best rates for your return!

Warm Regards

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Dirty sheets - upon finally getting my teething baby to sleep, I discovered bed sheets full of somebody's pubes (gross). Rather than wake her, I decided to sleep on top of the bed. In the morning I told reception, who responded 'you should have told us so we could change them'. I said I didn't want baby woken again. They said 'you should have phoned us then'. (Apparently this was all MY fault). I don't even think he apologised. I don't mind mistakes (eg not realising new people checking in to a room), but I mind rudeness and arrogance. I didn't expect much for the price, but clean sheets are a pretty basic requirement for a hotel.

Stayed: March 2014

Dear Baggles2
Thank you for your comments about the standard of housekeeping. This is of a major concern to me. You can see by our other reviews that we take great pride in our housekeeping standards – we invest a lot of time in training and hiring to ensure we have the most capable team. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive House Keeper and will follow up personally to understand what we can do better as a property. It is disappointing to hear that our service did not work, as it should have. It would be helpful in rectifying the problem for future guests if you could provide me with your room number. My email is – shalend@vrgroup.co.nz

Please accept my apology for your experience and hope to hear soon from you with your stay room number which will help me in disciplining my staff.

With Regards

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Upon booking this property I selected a so called suite to ensure a quite nights sleep. In the booking I made a note to advise I was competing in an ironman in a couple of days and need a quiet room for a decent nights sleep. That night we were woken around every hour with people thumping their bags down the stairs.. It was a terrible nights sleep and when say the least.

Upon letting reception staff know I had an indifferent response and got the feeling that the complaints come often and are tiresome .

I was nothing short of exhausted after this stay and exactly what I was trying to avoid even I selected this hotel.. When I emailed the Manager about this I was insulted with a 10% discount off my next stay.. You have to be kidding me! You couldn't pay me to stay here again!

Other NZ properties we stayed at were amazing! Be warned the staff are terrible, management are worse and it's noisy as hell...

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank holidayoneonone

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you had a stay that was not up to your expectations. Please note that our property have stairs, some amount of minimalistic noise is to be expected when opening up your balcony door. I am happy to say that our rooms are well insulated in general and therefore retain heat well and keep away most sounds. None the less, we will do some investigation to see what can be done to limit these sounds in the future.

Take care and I hope your comment might be different if we had given you full refund as requested via email communication.

With Thanks

Reviewed March 15, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed one night at the 'Kiwi' between flying in from Christchurch and out to Melbourne and we got what we paid for. The transfer to and from the airport was well handled though the hotel is a few kilometres away, the reception staff were friendly and the room was of a large with a double and a single bed, clean but a little tired (The fixtures and fittings were beginning to show their age). They also have an on-site guest laundry which was useful. Our chief complaint was the restaurant staff where the waiter, when we were able to find him, though civil appeared not to want to be there and barely did his job. The food however was OK if a little ordinary (They don't do lunches but a couple of restaurants are only 10 minute walk away). All in all for what we paid it was good value and for a single night lay-over this was a good choice but for longer maybe not.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Shalend P, Front Office Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

It was glad to hear that you enjoyed our product and service wherein our staff also made it more comfortable.Each and every feedback helps us in improving our product and service which our management take very seriously.

We look forward to welcome back you gain on your next visit to Auckland

Warm Regards