“Well Below Average” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Wellington, New Zealand
“Well Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

This hotel was rated as a three star - I would give it 2 at the most. Firstly, the woman on the front desk was so unwelcoming and could do with some training in customer service and manners. Secondly, the cleanliness / upkeep was very poor. We had cockroaches in our room at night time. I feel terrible that I made my Mum stay here with me! The one positive I can give it was the free shuttle to and from the airport but this is a pretty standard service nowadays. What worries me most is that tourists stay here and leave with the impression that this is a standard representative of NZ.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Shalend P, General Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Hi Guest
Thank you very much for your time in commenting on your recent stay with us.

My apologies for your bad experience on your stay with us. We had terminated the contract aforesaid front desk staff as her performance was not to our standard.

All our rooms are well cleaned and audited before check –in however before your arrival there was I group staying with us from Europe and did a lot of mess wherein my housekeeper overlooked housekeeping audit of some rooms.

However apart from this I hope your mum enjoyed our other services.

Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Was a great place too stay. People freindly,bed comfortable and shuttle got us to the airport in good time. Friends dropped us there and we all enjoyed a meal before they left and we spent a really nice night in a clean,fresh and modern room. The real way to start a holiday.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I booked my room on Nov 22. for the purpose of using it before my Midnight flight.

I arrived at 7.a.m after 8 hours bus trip from the south. Upon arrival, the woman at the front desk told me I can not check in until 2pm. Then I asked if I can eat my breakfast now instead of tomorrow morning (as part of what I paid) because I will be checking out at 10.pm. She rudely tell me that I can not eat until the next morning. I even explain that I am checking out at night time and I won't be there in the morning. she then said its the rule.Then I asked if I can just use their phone so that I can call my friends to pick me up as I am really tired. Again, she said she they don't have public phone. She gave me a direction ( about 10 minute walk away) on where to find public phone. Finally, I asked if they have wifi and she said yes and its $5.00 so I gladly took it skype my friends to pick me up. I did not return to the hotel although I paid for everything. I was very upset and very disappointed with her poor and rude attitude.
I am also working in the hotel Industry in North America and there is no way we treat our customer like this. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mila i
Shalend P, Manager at Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest
Thanks for taking out your precious time on commenting on your recent booking with us.

I had investigated your complain wherein on that morning we had a group staying so no room was checked out in order to accommodate you. The restaurant is operated by separate owners so can’t entertain barter system.

I had disciplined my front desk staff on this and asked them to be helpful to all guest in any way.

However I apologies for this and look forward to accommodate you back in our hotel
Auckland Airport Kiwi Hotel

Travelers are raving about these Mangere hotels

kerikeri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stay here the night to pick up my daughter on a 5am flight as we live in Kerikeri, Northland. Great friendly staff & service was great. the on site restaurant is really nice & very affordable prices.I think there would be something for everyone on the menu. Rooms are comfortable but not ultra modern. In saying that they are very clean & well appointed. We will stay here again if we travel overseas as the will store your car for 2 weeks & do the shuttle to the airport. Great job & keep up the good work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Excellent location, free shuttle, free parking for up to 14 days and Cheap room rate!! We used our entertainment card and the already cheap rate meant it cost us only $70 for the night. There are only a few places cheaper than this and they are in no way as nice! For what we needed it was excellent. Clean rooms, not too old. Staff helpful with our bags. Easy Peasy. Will stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms on opposite side to carpark are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Upon our late night arrival the staff couldnt be bothered to greet us. Female staff have attitude like they miss world and some staff have smiling issues and dont know how to welcome or greet their guest. i have booked with this hotel many times and have had the same issue always.The cleaners and room services staff were much friendlier and helpful then the front desk people.

The management needs to look into educating their staffs in customer service. Wearing the uniform and looking smart wont make you a provisional if you dont have the right attitude.

I have one last booking in December and i do hope to see some changes

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Shesal K
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Just spent two nights here, no problem at all. Receptionist very friendly. Paid $83 per night for double room and this included continental breakfast. Room basic, but large and very clean. I have paid same price for a hotel in Auckland CBD and that room was the size of a cupboard, so no complaints here. Breakfast is very simple, cereal, toast, juice, tea and coffee, and you can upgrade to eggs, hashbrown and bacon for extra $5 which is perfect, cant complain, nice and simple.

Tip - Head downstairs for breakfast before 0800 to avoid the crowd.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple