“Nice and close to airport”

Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights and found it quite nice. The rooms are quiet, even though we were next to the motorway. The rooms are clean but no kettle for a cup of tea and missing a few essentials that some four star hotels have.
The breakfast buffet is good and close to shops like Countdown which is equivalent to Australian Safeway and Coles.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed one night at the Sudima (Auckland) and it was OK. Great to have a transfer from the airport to the hotel (only a 10-15 minute drive) but you do have to pay the $5 for the privilege.
Great check in, and great swimming pool. The room: found some spent toilet tissue under one of bed legs which wasn't what one should expect. My wife was nearly refused entry into breakfast but they had to apoligise to her soon after.
Would I stay here again. Yes, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have travelled all over the world I have not been as unsatisfied with my
stay as I have with Sudima.

1. Check In was a joke! First of all you couldn't even find my booking and
the extremely rude male receptionist told me to go find it (my invoice)
myself and prove it to him in my emails at your computer! WHAT A JOKE!!!

2. Then on Monday we were told breakfast was not included in our room rate
yet clearly on my lastminute.com invoice it says cleary and i quote
"EXECUTIVE ROOM WITH FULL BUFFET BREAKFAST"!!!!!

3. We were told there was a fee for the Internet - yet AGAIN our
lastminute.com invoice said "FREE INTERNET"

4. You then tried and charged us a local call fee when yet AGAIN our
lastminute.com invoice said "FREE LOCAL CALLS"

5. Then for the cherry on top I was chanrged a night I didn't even stay then 6 weeks later!!!!!!

Also it wouldn't kill the staff to smile - I had to come
down several times to get my room card fixed because I couldn't get in the
room and look and attitude I got was appalling.

I am totally shocked at the experience we had - if they were a Auckland city
hotel I am sure you would have closed by now.

Room Tip: Don't do it - it will wreck your holiday!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank na n
SudimaAuckland, General Manager at Sudima Auckland Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Our team work very hard to ensure errors don't occur and in the event they do, I trust they act professionally and speedily to rectify. If this has not happend on this occasion then we apologise. Our efforts to accommodate you at 6:30am, after you cancelled the booking, with a full hotel, I thought were pretty good, however, clealry our efforts for the remainder of your stay were not and as such again please accept our sincere apologies.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Our trip getting to New Zealand was about 30 hours so we decided to spend our first night somewhere close to the airport. This hotel had a comfortable well-furnished room. Our view was of an industrial area. We had trouble getting a meal since we wanted to have an early dinner - 5:30 - and the dining room didn't open until 6:00. We ended up settling for bar food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2012

After spending two weeks travelling throughout New Zealand, my husband and one-year-old twins stayed at this hotel for one night to catch our flight back home. Originally, we were supposed to return to a hotel in downtown Auckland, but since we arrived in the evening and had to return to the airport in the morning, it did not make sense - so my travel agent switched us to this hotel.

There was some confusion about the shuttle. I guess they have a bus that runs every 30 minutes, and a private shuttle that will pick up people on-demand. We had just missed the last bus by a few minutes, so we had to wait for the next one. Travelling with one-year-old twins with LOTS of luggage, it would have been helpful if we were picked up closer to where we retrieved our bags - oh well.

Upon arrival, we were told that our reservation had been cancelled. The desk clerk immediately fixed the problem and offered me two hours of free internet so I could contact my travel agent to ensure that our downtown reservation was cancelled. She also helped me cancel the car rental that I had reserved when we thought we would have to return to th city.

As soon as we arrived in our room, they brought up complimetary chilled milk for the babies and set up two HUGE, immaculate baby cots. We called for extra towels and they were delivered within 60 seconds (no, I am not exaggerating). The room was clean and comfortable.

We ate dinner in the restaurant and it was DELICIOUS! We both agreed that it was easily the best meal we had on our whole vacation.The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Their buffet breakfast was good too.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor in the middle of the room block and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank flygirl555
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Website exceeds expectations. 1night short stay stop over only hotel in my opinion. U are close 2 the airport but nothing else so meals and drinks VERY expensive. Suggest pay extra and stay at airport or go much closer to city and pay less 4 hotel & food & more 4 transport. Hotel taking advantage of being close but not that close to airport. Would not stay again given price. Staff very good, room small, shower over bath, no fridge, good parking if u have vehicle? 40 percent out of @ 100. Hope this review help U

Room Tip: Request quiet room as hotel next 2 airport highway. Check 2c if u. Have 2 small double beds or a kin...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My flight from Melbourne to Auckland was diverted to Tauranga and we were bussed to Auckland. This meant we missed our connecting flight so we were put up here for the night. I say the night, but it was almost 1am when we arrived and we were getting up at 4am! However, the room was lovely and quiet and dark. We both had good hot showers with great pressure and a quick coffee in the morning and we were off again. Would like to visit again but perhaps for a bit longer.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family