“Fabulous way to end a holiday”

Novotel Auckland Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 27, 2014

After a month away from home and having had a frustrating lengthy trip back to New Zealand before hitting Samoa I decided to indulge myself with a night of luxury at the Novotel at the Auckland Airport. Over cold and indifferent places to stay this was bliss. And yes I upgraded to the executive suit on floor 11. I cannot fault the rooms, service and my enjoyment of staying here. Things worked, the phone went, the towels were lush, the bed comfortable and the staff gracious and friendly. Breakfast was delicious. I will certainly pay the extra if I have another night over to spend in Auckland.

Room Tip: 11th Floor was great it was quiet and luxurious.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
NovotelAKLAirport, Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

By looking at your profile, you must be an artist visiting all the way from Samoa! I’m sorry to hear that the trip was rather frustrating, but I’m glad we were able to let you finish the trip at a good note.

As we are at the gate of New Zealand, we believe it is important to make the guests feel welcome at home, or for departing guests – a warm farewell before the long flight back to their home country. It is excellent to see you were happy with the interaction with our staff and also the food provided from the team.

Thank you for your visit, and it may not be so soon, but hope to see you again in the future.

Have a great weekend,

There are newer reviews for Novotel Auckland Airport

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We have not only stayed there a couple of times so that we don't have to get up at some ungodly hour of the morning to make an early flight, this week we used the restaurant to have dinner after picking up someone arriving from Australia. Not only did this serve to feed us, it also allowed time for the backup of traffic joining the motorway to clear so we had a smooth run home.

The food was fabulous! And the whole thing was just so much more pleasant than fighting traffic and still having to find some dinner somewhere, or cook once we got home, which is a couple of hours away.

Highly recommended for both the layover and the food. Service was awesome too!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Hello Stuart,

Great to see you have used our facility for a quick stopover being getting back home. It is a great idea as motorways can be horrific on peak hours.

Thank you for your great feedback on the service and the food, I hope your guest enjoyed the experience too!

See you on your next stay – or another quick stopover. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel prior to our holiday and the day we returned, found it to be very clean and very quiet, for those who don't know it, it is across the road from the International Terminal, never heard a plane at all. A great nights sleep and very convenient when flying in or out of the Auckland Airport. The amenities were excellent and staff friendly, and food and bar service were great.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Quite room, blackout curtain and a comfortable bed – three combinations for a great sleep, whether day or night!

Glad to see you have enjoyed the restaurant and the service from our team. Food is available 24hours to cater for travellers arriving around the clock.

Hope your next holiday isn’t too far, see you on your next visit.

Have a great Friday evening, and the weekend.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Location fantastic.Front desk staff efficient.Went up to my room.My Dad was with me visiting for dinner and on opening the door a letter addressed to another guest plus choc were left as a welcoming gift.Phone downstairs and asked if this room was ment for someone else and was meet with a somewhat "whatever"attitude.We were sitting admiring the runway view and suddenly the door to my room opens.No hello house keeping...Nada the lady a worker just look at us and walked out.My sercurity then felt alittle threatend so again phone down stairs.All was captured on CC TV so I was offered a free meal and drinks compliments of the hotel.Ordered room sevice.Not impressed for the price very small portions.Luckk it was complimentary!Room very nice except aircon not working and I needed maintainence to try to fix it.Problem remaind.Bathroom very comfortable.Dispite all I still give 4 out of 5 stars and yes Id stay again

Room Tip: 9th floor left or right handside.Great runway views for those whom like aircraft movements
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank David B

Hello David,

I’m very sorry to hear about your experience during the stay, I was trying my best to locate your booking back in March, but was unable to do so with the limited information given on your profile.

If possible, please contact me on below email with your booking details. It would help us greatly to share feedback and also identify what would have been the cause of the error for multiple items mentioned on your review.

I apologise for the overall experience during your stay with us. I hope to hear back from you.

H7485-rd@accor.com

Reviewed August 25, 2014

A friend and I stayed at the Novotel Auckland Airport for one night. The hotel is directly across from the international terminal. Two minute walk. Check in seamless. Breakfast purchased with our booking. Good spread for breakfast. Rooms spacious. Bathroom is a real winner, big, the shower is nice and warm. Toiletries were of good quality. Very happy with our stay. Will stay here again when opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Free wifi in lobby
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Welcome back, and thank you again for your great review.
I’m glad the second stay was just as good as the first, and thank you for recommending the hotel to your friend.

As you would know already, we have lot of exciting discounts and offers on our website, ensure to visit while you plan for your next trip for further savings.

It was great having you back, and we look forward to seeing you again soon, until then – take care!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Comfortable rooms with a touch of Kiwiana. I recommend this hotel for anyone before or after flights from Auckland Airport. You literally walk out of the airport straight into the hotel. Cheese platter is good with bottle of local wine. A great welcome to Auckland. Service is efficient and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

The building was well thought-out in terms of design to reflect New Zealand’ culture, from external to even a door handle! Hope you enjoyed the experience with us.

Our biggest service goal is to make the guest feel “welcome” and it is fantastic too see your comment and I’m thrilled to share this feedback with the team.

Hope you enjoyed the visit to New Zealand, and hope to see you again in the future.

Have a lovely weekend ahead,

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Lets face it. After a long 13 hours of your day taken up with travelling, 2 flights to get to Auckland via Melbourne, you're tired, you're over fed, you're grumpy and all is want is a nice convenient hotel right? Right....Novotel is exactly that, its practically right outside the doors of the International airport - fantastic right?
Not exactly.....you see we arrived during a common Auckland occurrence at approximately midnight with wind gusts and rain. We had an overloaded airport trolley of luggage only to be stopped by the steps that went up to the hotel. So, we unloaded the trolley in the pouring rain, I went ahead to try to find concierge of which no body was about to assist us so proceeded to wheel out the concierge trolley myself only to find my husband trying to struggle with ALL our luggage which toppled over in crumbling suitcase carnage. Okay, so everything on the concierge trolley now, through the revolving door, past a boy who apparently worked as a concierge who told us, oh, I could've helped you with those, well yeah, durrr, maybe you could have, IF YOU WERE AROUND! Okay so up to reception, this will be nice, a warm smile, a friendly greeting, No, all done mechanically without a smile, maybe she was tired, who cares, this is her job and we thought New Zealanders were all smiles, even more so now they have the Bledisloe Cup back.
Onto the room. Basic, okay, comfortable, mini bar and water prices through the roof.
Late check out a bonus, well we hardly had warmed up our bed still being on Perth time before we had to depart anyhow.
Overall disappointed. Tried using the downstairs lobby computers while my husband went and collected the hire car. Had a few problems. Plenty of staff standing around, laughing and joking amongst themselves until I "interrupted them" with a please can you assist me.....
Thank goodness this was only one night. Those sort of first impressions really do leave a sour taste in your mouth. Would only stay there again for convenience if we had to.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shazhunter

I’m very sorry to hear about your recent stay with us.

Right beside the stair access over the little garden, there is an accessible ramp for guests on a wheelchair or luggage trolleys, I do apologise if this was not visible due to the time of arrival.

We have recently conducted multiple service training sessions to identify these areas mentioned from you, from attentiveness, warm welcome and acknowledging guests in need before guest’s having to approach staff. I absolutely agree on all the points you have made, and again I sincerely apologise on behalf of the team.

From your profile and the comment, I was able to establish your country of residence and the month you have stayed with us – However, not enough to be able to trace the booking for more details. If convenient, please contact me on below email as I would like to find more specific details to follow up with staff that would have been on duty.

Thank you for taking time to write us a feedback, I look forward to hearing back from you,

H7485-rd@accor.com