$155
$79
$106
$78
4,790 results
All reviewsinternational terminalacross the roadauckland airportan early morning flightnew zealandnext morningbuffet breakfastlong flightcomfortable bedconvenient locationarriving lateroom ratemini barbetween flightsrental carstayed one nightwake up call
Reviewed May 14, 2014

A disadvantage of flying with ANZ from Perth to LA and back, is the long layover in Auckland. As a result, we have stayed at this excellent hotel on a day rate several times over a few years. The hotel itself is literally steps away from the terminal. The design, construction and furnishings are impressive. The staff is professional and friendly. Our double Queen room was very nice. We missed having a pool though, which is good for exercising and stretching out the muscles after a long flight. The day use rate is not inexpensive. We paid by credit card and were charged a 'Credit Card Surcharge'. We also accepted the offer to bill us in AUD. This was a mistake, as we paid a commission for the conversion on the day, and (due to a recent rule change) our credit card company still billed us their foreign conversion fee too! How does that work?? It would be nice if ANZ negotiated with Novotel a discounted rate for passengers holding boarding passes for onward travel the same day, but experiencing long layovers due to flight scheduling.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
NovotelAKLAirport, Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for visiting us again, I’m glad we are right here to let you have a rest in-between!

I have enquired in regards to the settlement in AUD. It should be just the AUD appearing on your statement without the conversion fee as such. To give you better information, this feedback was shared with the expert for further research. I will be happy to share this with you on your next stay.

Thank you so much for sharing your great experience online, and see you and your family again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I stayed at this airport hotel in March this year and found ti pleasant and friendly. It is right next international terminal and a short walk from the domestic (or there is a regular shuttle bus).

This is not a good hotel to sightsee from, it really is just for airport use, but that is what I needed as I was flying to Christchurch the following morning with my wife and 1 year old daughter.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful with my queries and as I was having some troubles with my luggage offered to get me some tools to fix it.

The rooms are clean, a reasonable size with lovely big baths, the breakfast is lovely and we were very comfortable.

If I were doing the same trip again, I would aginst stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
NovotelAKLAirport, Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Hello Malcolm,

It is a great stopover spot for all travellers wanting to rest up before the next adventure. There are attractions nearby such as winery and activity park. However, if you are looking at visiting places near central city – it can be little distant. Buses are available 24/7 from the airport to assist with the guests staying for a night but wanting to venture out to city quickly.

Lovely to see your positive points on your experience, and we certainly would love to see you again,

Have a great rest of the week and thank you,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel just for one night as we unfortunately missed our flight. Usually I hate airport hotels as they are mostly old and noisy. But seriously this is the best airport hotel I've ever seen! Great room, nice new design, friendly staff and a great restaurant. We tried to make the most out of our additional stay and had an amazing dinner. It's also really quiet. So it's a really great place to stay if you have to be close to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi Eva,

Oh no, missing flight is the worst feeling – especially if it was by few minutes of check in counter closing!!
I’m glad we were able to make this up by providing a comfortable and an enjoyable stay.

Thank you for remembering to share you experience from earlier in the year. It’s been few months – will you visit us again?

Have a great day, and thank you for staying with us,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed here on a day rate between flights. The rooms were clean, and very comfortable. No noise from other rooms or outside so made it very restful for the few hours we were there. Staff were friendly. Also there is no WIFI in the rooms.

My main complaint is that we asked to pay for the room on one of our cards and we put the deposit on another (it was the end of our trip so trying to use up money on prepaid cards). We were told this was fine and it was put through. Upon returning home we note we have been charged the room to the same card as the deposit, yet the room charge is also "frozen" on the card we requested to use! Basically we are now waiting for Novotel to release nearly $300.

Really disappointing as I cannot fault the hotel otherwise.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Hello Nicole,

I’m so sorry to hear about the confusion in regards to the credit card charge.

Authorisation on the card is taken upon arrival as a security measure, in case if the guest is in a rush to catch a flight and don’t end up seeing one of us at the reception. This process should have been explained better as the authorisation amount is frozen in the account for a week or more if the amount is not used to settle the account.

Please let us know if we can assist you with this as we will be able to contact the bank for immediate release.

Thank you for leaving your comment online, and choosing to stay with us,

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com