“Great hotel, great location”

Novotel Auckland Airport
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“Great hotel, great location”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A very good hotel, great rooms, god bathrooms, unlike the Rydges hotel at Sydney airport. The restaurant is good also. Especially recommended for early morning flights, but generally recommended also.

• Stayed July 2013
FOMNovotelAKLAirport, General Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Kia ora pcallioni
Thank you for the short but sweet review! Fantastic to hear that you enjoyed our hotel facilities from the rooms through to the restaurant!
Look forward to welcoming you back.
Paul Columbus – General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed there for two nights from 19/7/13 and everything seems quite perfect until I checked into the room. I found some hair (2 of them) at the corner of the toilet and I found a blood stain on a pillow when I flipped it over. I didn't get housekeeping service on the following day despite the fact that I put "Make up" tag hangged on the door. I had to call and ask for towels and I talked about this over the phone and at the reception. However, nobody said "Sorry" to me. One of the reading lights doesn't work and I didn't get newspaper delivery in the first morning. I got the newspaper delivery on the following day when I talked to a receptionist. All in all, staff are quite friendly and efficient. Housekeeping is the only department I felt lots of works need to be done to improve their service standard.

Room Tip: East facing room overlooking airport terminal is an ideal choice and i enjoyed my stay there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
FOMNovotelAKLAirport, General Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Kia ora Ken M
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am very sorry for the oversights in service delivery during your stay, this is highly unusual. This level of service is unacceptable and I would like to investigate it further. I have sent you a private message for further details.
We do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Paul Columbus - General Manager
Invercargill, New Zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Perfect location for early morning flight when traveling from out of Auckland. Used my "free night" accommodation on Advantage Plus card. Plenty of choices for fast food just across the road (up escalator to International Departure Lounge).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Kia ora beejay402
Happy to hear you were able to enjoy the hotel using you Free Night from Advantage Plus!
Great tip for travellers travelling on a budget to visit the International Terminal.
Hopefully you can experience our restaurant on your next stay.
new zealand
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here in July. The hotel lobby is literally only seconds from Auckland international airport and probably a ten minute walk to the domestic terminal. There are no issues with aircraft noise and is very quiet. The hotel has been open for two years. The rooms are well laid out and have done a very good job of utilising space and the beds are more than comfortable. The breakfast is more than adequate. And certainly makes it hassle free for your onward flight.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kia ora thesmdm
Thank you for the positive online review! Delighted to see that short distance from the terminals, quietness and breakfast all contributed to a great stay!
Look forward to your next hassle free stay.
North Shore City, New Zealand
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I live on North Shore but booked into Novotel to avoid an early morning rush for a flight to Brisbane. A low floor room had been requested as my husband and I are 70 and not 100% agile.On arrival the staff were extremely pleasant and courteous and the room we were allocated was on 3rd floor - the lowest. A very clean and room but we did not get all the comfort we had hoped for. Only one chair for two people and not one to relax in. One of us
had to sit on the bed, which would have been uncomfortable had we had room service.
Getting into the shower was a struggle as we had to climb into a very high sided bath. One of the beds had a very uneven mattress giving a poor nights' sleep.
The restaurant and bar area lacked ambience although the lounge area was comfortable. Internet connection was extremely overpriced so we did not bother. We did not require breakfast but felt it should have been offered in the price.
The pros are the close proximity to the airport and the lovely staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a walk in shower if you have any mobility problems.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Kia ora Littlegopher1
Thank you for taking the time to post your review online. I am happy that you liked the convenience of our location and our team! I am sorry that we did not meet all your expectations and do understand your concerns re the bath height; we have recently installed hand rails in an effort to assist with this. We would love to have you back to stay so would definitely suggest for your next stay requesting a room with a shower only, as these have no step. Our internet offer is currently being reviewed, we are hopeful to pilot a better offer very soon.