4,830 results
All reviewsinternational terminalacross the roadauckland airportan early morning flightnew zealandnext morninglong flightbuffet breakfastcomfortable bedconvenient locationarriving lateroom ratemini barbetween flightsrental carwake up callstayed one night
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Most wonderful hotel I have every stayed at. The rooms were fantastic with extremely comfortable soft beds, modern layout with fresh furnishings. Could have supplied more towels however as two probably is on the short side for a couple. Breakfast was a little dull and tasteless and probably not really worth the money. Having that said I have already booked my Next stay here for a months time when I fly in as I think it is wonderful!

• Stayed: December 2011
FOMNovotelAKLAirport, Front Office Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Dear guesswho1100,

Many thanks for your recent review!

We supply two towels as we have a commitment to the environment through "Plant for the Planet" and "Earthcheck". That said, please feel free to call Reception and we will have our Porters delivering additional towels in no time and at no cost!

We look forward to welcoming you back next month!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 24, 2011

With every 4+ star place in town booked, had to stay here for a two night stay in Auckland. Worked out very well. The Novotel in its present state of newness is an excellent facility. Absolutely no ambient noise can be heard inside the room. $26 Roundtrip bus, 45 minutes to downtown right outside door about 5 times per hour. Rooms are not huge, but well laid out and comfortable. No breakfast included, but walk fifty meters inside airport places always open. Gym is very good, but ridiculous charges for internet in room. (They do offer internet in lobby free 20 minutes a day. wow.) Very convenient airport hotel, nice to check in for morning flight, get boarding pass then return to Hotel for an hour to relax. One negative thing was safe wasn't working on arrival and in 2 days they failed to get it going. Management (and please don't respond) needs to have this on the housekeeping checklist.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Dear Paubranco,

We offer 8MB/30mins complimentary WIFI daily (per 24hours) along with complimentary 20mins connection through our lobby iMac corner.

Breakfasts are not usually included in rates, however we do have B&B options on-line; our Restaurant is open 24hours with Breakfast available from 5AM.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed December 24, 2011

You would think staying in a hotel only across the walkway from the airport you wouldn't have a good night's sleep, but we slept solidly, as did our children.

We stayed here before our final trip to Cairns and they allowed us to have the 5 of us in one room (2 adults, 2 kids (aged 3) and 1 toddler) which was great as we're always on a budget. I was only worried we'd need to pay for cleaning the place, as it was so crisp and clean - with 3 kids under the age of 4 I was terrified they'd get something on the sheets that wouldn't wash off easily!! The room was very nice and made me feel higher class than what we paid. Everything is in NZ dollars, so be sure to use your conversion factor when you think of purchasing or go to book. The airport is steps away so for long hauls - this hotel is amazing! Also, if the room service is too expensive (we paid about 90 for 3 ham/cheese & chips, 1 soup, 1 potato wedge plate and 1 burger & chips) there's the airport with kfc and stuff in it to help for fussier eaters. The hotel's menu was meant to be more healthy and tells you how they are trying to pursue that type of eating.
The bath tub was huge! I didn't get a chance to try it out and I'm very disappointed about that, but there's always next time. There's only a few channels on the tv, so if your kids need entertainment, bring something for them as mine were getting antsy at one point.
The staff were very friendly and helped us every time we needed help and even offered when it looked like they were on their way to doing another duty. I would recommend this hotel for couples - it would have been great to sleep here with just me and hubby, but it's also good for everyone else. There is a partition between the beds and bath that looks iffy about illuminating your body when you shower, but I didn't notice that you could see through it when someone was showering. Very quiet for location so definitely recommend for long hauls. We stayed here from 8am until 5am the next day - ask for a day rate if you need to stay during the day and they'll work one up for you.

Overall a nice experience and would do it again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Overall it is the convenience of the location and the quality of the bed that is the reason I stay at this hotel.

I rate the service as fair and the quality of the staff attentiveness and courtesy as average. The housekeeping standard is consistent in that the standard varies depending on the staff carrying this function daily.

The replenishment of the bar is inconsistent and although one day I raised this with the individual tasked to complete this duty, I was told he did it daily but I corrected him and told him that for the period of time I have stayed, I had only seen him once. This is usually the case each time I stay at the hotel.

The cost of the carparking is expensive but there is not alternate choice and the valet service can at times be slow.

As a frequent traveller through-out Asia Pacific I rate the hotel as average but good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Kia Ora & Thank You for your review,

We are currently re-assessing our Minibar services in order to match the needs of the hotel & guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 23, 2011

Great place for an overnight stopover in Auckland so handy to the international terminal. Being brand new the rooms are spotless but no free internet. Found the restaurant very slow and in the end we walked out before our coffee arrived, just not enough staff felt sorry for the two girls who were trying to do there best.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family