My wife and I spent an overnight stay at the Novotel prior to flying out the next day.
The hotel is virtually brand new and is only a few months old. Everything is modern and new.
The location has to be one of its best things about the Novotel. It's right next to the International Terminal and the Domestic Terminal is only a short walk away. A free shuttle is available between terminals if you don't feel like walking.
Because of it's location and our early morning flight we decided to drop our rental car off early. Parking is available but is $25.00 per night so dropping it off early was a better option. To be honest the hotel and both terminals had everything we needed for an overnight stay so we really didn't miss having a car available to us. There is a supermarket, pharmacy and other various shops near the hotel, which takes about 10 minutes to walk.
Check in was simple, easy and hassle free. The staff were very friendly and helpful.
We were on the 9th floor overlooking the runway. Our room exceeded our expectations because we had just spent a week at a conference at the Hamilton Novotel and found their rooms, whilst nice, were a bit tired in appearance and were expecting the same here.
However, the rooms, whilst not big, were spacious enough to make you feel comfortable. The room is modern, new and clean with a large comfy bed. There is a mini bar available and a 32in TV with a good range of channels.
The bathroom is spacious and clean with a nice shower area with two types of shower heads.
With the hotel being next to the runway there is very little noise, which doesn't affect your sleep or relaxation.
There is a complimentary gym on the third floor with a good selection of cardio machines and weights. The gym was well used by other guests whilst we were there. In fact the gym would have to be one of the best equipped Hotel gyms that we've stayed in within NZ.
There is free internet in the foyer.
The restaurant and bar is also situated in the foyer area. We didn't use these facilities.
Check out was again simple, easy and quick. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall we were very impressed with everything about the Novotel and it's friendly staff.
Quite frankly the complaints we have read on here appear to be petty and feel they are totally unwarranted. We struggled to find any issues or complaints about the Novotel and could only find good things to say about it.
We would happily stay here again and would definitely recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located beside Auckland International Terminal and 30 minutes to the city centre, Novotel Auckland Airport provides the perfect accommodation solution for guests travelling in and out of New Zealand. Combining the beauty of natural landscapes with cutting edge architectural design, this hotel features 263 elegant rooms and suites, theatre-style conference centre, 10 meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar plus a fully equipped gym. Parking available at airport, fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Auckland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Novotel Auckland Airport Mangere