“Great for overnight stays”

Auckland Airport Lodge
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have stayed a number of times here and this time we were as usual,pleased with the unit and the service. However on our return from overseas we found our car had been tampered with and several items missing which was very disappointing

Room Tip: Rooms on the eastern side of the main entry are very quiet and restful
There are newer reviews for Auckland Airport Lodge

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We recently stayed at the Lodge, first for one night and on our return we stayed for two nights.We found the rooms perfectly clean and more than adequate for our needs. The friendly and efficient transfer service to and from the airport is highly recommended. Todd went out of his way to accommodate us.Thank you to the management for the excellent service provided.

Room Tip: Any room close to the reception area. Vehicles parked directly in front of room.
1  Thank Desmond S
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed overnight twice on a recent trip to New Zealand. We had one of the newer units which are well equiped,comfy beds, compact kitchen with all you need. Best part is the friendly transfer service to and from the airport/hire cars included in the costs. For dinner there are cheap tasty resturants nearby and they also provide a pick and return service or they deliver.We have noted their details for future visits.

Room Tip: Request newer units which are quieter.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here recently for two nights. It is a good spot to stay overnight upon arriving or before leaving but the location is not great for tourists.
The room was simple, clean, and adequate for what we needed. We were in the older section and close to the road but the noise was not too bad.
We paid for the Wifi but we could not get any reception in our room and had to stand outside in the drive to surf the net to work out what to see and do.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 4, 2012

There is a lot to like about this place - nice modern room, good facilities, convenient location, free wifi and shuttle, liquor shop five minutes walk away, and local restaurants that deliver good food. My rating would have been excellent for everything, but for one thing.

My flight arrived at 4:30am from Chile. I had e-mailed a couple of days before to find out how to get to the hotel. I was told to ring from the information desk (free) and they would come and get me. When I rang, I got an answering machine. Not very helpful. I left my mobile phone number. I rang again half an hour later and got the machine again.

Fortunately, I had some friends with a hire car who were able to drop my luggage off, and I went in to Auckland with them.

Later in the day when I returned, the fellow behind the desk said the answering machine is turned on when they are shuttling people to or from the airport. If that was the case, then they were probably at the airport a couple of times while I was waiting, but I did not know they were there. :-(

Leaving people sitting at the airport for hours is not a good advertisement, and especially when you give them a phone number to call you back on, but they don't call you.

All of this could have been avoided if they had told me to wait at some particular place, eg, outside door 11, where I would have seen them and been able to get to the lodge.

So if you are planning to stay there after a flight, it would be a good idea to pin them down in advance as to where you should wait after calling them.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank davidnew
Reviewed November 4, 2012

- flight arrived at midnight, was picked up within 10 minutes of calling for the free shuttle service.
- friendly staff.
- clean, simple room.
- great when you just need to get to bed after a late flight (5 minutes from airport).
- stayed 2 rooms from the road and noise was minimal (no disturbance to sleep).
- good price.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank S D
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We often book through Wotif and this was the case for our booking at the Auckland Airport Lodge. As usual, I always check the complex's actual website to ensure what we see is what we are likely to get. The website showed a very modern and new complex so we felt confident that our stay would be a very comfortable one. Unfortunately our hearts sank as we drove in - the general area wasn't good, and we secretly hoped we wouldn't be assigned one of the very basic, older units we drove by on the way to reception. Unfortunately that's where we ended up - right on a very busy road with no internal sound proofing. The unit was very dated and basic. We couldn't face a night there, so returned the key after having already paid up, and spent a very comfortable evening at the Sudima Hotel instead (for not a lot more). We felt very duped by the images on the Auckland Airport Lodge website, so our advice is to be mindful of this.

Room Tip: Seek assurance as to the type of room/unit you will be assigned. There are two distinct areas of th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family