“Very good lunch but expensive...”

Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Kastrup
Cuisines: French
Description: The French-inspired Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro is a simple bistro version of its big brother on Bredgade in Copenhagen. Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro has an informal atmosphere, a menu created by the French gourmet chef Francis Cardenau, and offers light French bistro classics that also are child and family friendly. With a selection ranging from pain au chocolat and butter filled croissants in the mornings to seafood and chicken from the rotisserie in the evenings.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

While waiting for our plane to depart we sat down at Le Sommelier for lunch. The friendly waiter came to take our order and served the wine.

The food was very nice. My colleague ordered a salad and the fish of the day (hake with cauliflower puree) and I had gamba's with aioli and a whole chicken (small) with new potatoes. Very tender meat and tasteful.

Together with a good glass wine it was a perfect ending of our business trip.

Only the price of the food and the wine is on the high side, according to me. (Un)fortunately the waiter served the wrong wine to my colleague. He got him the right wine and he left the glass on the table. That was a nice gesture; thank you Nicolai!

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very disappointing experience, waited 15 minutes to be served in an almost empty restaurant. The waiters seemed very untrained and borderline rude. The staff seems most suitable for working in a café, where the prices would match their attitude. The owner of Le Sommelier might want to reconsider the hiring process, if the experience of visiting the restaurant should match how they band the restaurant.

1  Thank krt1515
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Not that I usually expect great service or good value in an airport terminal – but Le Sommelier Bar & Bistro is scaping the bottom of the barrel.
Service workers that display such lack of interest in their customers, is rare. With few exceptions, staff here is unfriendly and rude.
All in all, it is an expensive and negative way of starting your travels. Walk twenty yards further up the terminal, to the competition. They may be less fancy, but the coffee and croissant is just as good, people are smiling, friendly, courteous – and clearly appreciate your business.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

I was the only one standing at the bar that hadn't ordered anything, and the place was far from busy, so one should think that any of the four different bartenders/waiters I had eyecontact with, would have time to serve me.
None of the four replied to my smile and "hello", nor did they ask if I I was being served, so after being ignored for approx. 5 minutes I left.
Having Copenhagen Airport as my workplace, I will most definitely NOT recommend this place, nor visit it again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited for a quick meal prior to an air departure. You order at the bar and I find it a bit too much that the staff asks if you are prepared to pay a gratuity even before the Food is brought to your table. Probably staff is under pressure to sell as I was asked if I was not prepared to order this or that in addition to the meal I ordered. This is most definately not a hospitable welcome.

I ordered todays fish, and this turned out to be a winner. Extremely well prepared, second to none, really. I did not know quite what to expect from the restaurant, but this was a real winner. From what I could see also from other dishes, the chefs seem to be serious about their business.

Very good selection of wine and quite decent value too.