“Average but not outstanding”

Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kastrup
Vancouver
“Average but not outstanding”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The good points are the location, right at the airport, but super easy to get into the city, 12 minutes by train. Great staff, the computers were down when I arrived but check in went smoothly and was pretty fast given the circumstances. I stayed on the Executive floor and the lounge experience was marred by one inexperienced and rather surly staff member. I later saw her on the front desk, so maybe she was "in training". The let down for me was the breakfast in the lobby restaurant. Despite the fact that the place was not full I was given a table right by the kitchen and server station.The selection of food was average. There was a sign saying omlettes available on order from the chef, but there was no one to take my order for the 20 minutes I was there. The hot food was warm, definitely not hot. A shame. I am a HH Diamond member and spend many, many nights in their hotels, but this one needs some improvement before I will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed only 2 days, had food 2 times, and the food was nothing to write home about, I would have expected much better tasting food from a 5 star hotel. Disappointing.

We also had some issues with our first room, broken things and issues.
BUT: Professional staff at hotel quickly upgraded us to better room, perfect service on that part, well done.

Room Tip: Note, both rooms we had looked the same, same size, there is no need to book a fancy room, take the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I booked a family room (1 teen) for 2 nights pre-cruise as the idea of being able to dump our luggage within minutes of arriving at the airport was very appealing. Having said that, check-in was not as smooth as I'd hoped. Our first room was already occupied; our second was on the smoking floor (and reeked of smoke), but our 3rd was lovely (I think they upgraded us to an executive room by this point!) - they added in a rollaway bed for our daughter. I understand mistakes happen, and what's important is how they handle it, and they did.

We had a Copenhagen Card for 48 hours, so it was very easy to get into and out of central Copenhagen by train or metro. Takes about 10 - 15 minutes and we never had to wait long.

I probably wouldn't have booked the Hilton had it not been for their Getaway deals with 40% off plus free breakfasts, as it is pricey otherwise, but the breakfasts were great! So much choice. We tried to eat a lot at breakfast to reduce meal costs during the rest of the day.

Last but not least, I have to acknowledge the fantastic staff service. From cheerful, helpful breakfast staff (Agnes) and the lady (Carolina? Christina? Spanish-speaking anyhow) who went above and beyond the call of duty when no-one was at the concierge desk and I was trying to work out where a restaurant was in town, even checking on-line and then printing off directions for me. Much appreciated.

Room Tip: Unless you're a smoker, don't accept a room on the 6th floor!
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I thought that it would be a good idea to stay at the Hilton airport hotel to get as much rest as possible before a 6AM flight. After all, airport hotel often advertise thicker walls, sound proof windows etc. to accommodate travelers.
Not so at the Copenhagen Airport Hilton. They may have sound proof windows, I don't know that and it doesn't matter anyway. What I do know is that they will have parties with loud music until midnight in the house! I stayed there last week in a room in the 5th floor and I thought I layed on a loudspeaker!
Of course I called the front desk to make a point, knowing that they can't do anything about it if the people who run the place allow these parties. Still, there was no offer to change the room or any other compensation. They got the money and couldn't care less about the rest.
I know that my review won't change a thing. Hilton has the monopoly there and it's not like people can choose another hotel across the street. I'm not even interested in some hotel manager's reply either. I know what it is going to be like. But I do wonder if Hilton as a whole finds this reputation desirable. After all, there are enough places where guests can choose between Hilton and somebody else. I for myself will remember this experience when I make another reservation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had less than 24 hours transit in CPH and am so happy we decided to stay here. Arriving in CPH is not an enjoyable experience but once we walked over to the hotel we felt great. The hotel is directly opposite the airport terminal but if you have luggage then you can walk into a covered area and take the elevators to the connecting bridge and descend again via elevators into the passage leading to the hotel lobby.
Check in was swift and I received a good welcome as a Diamond VIP. I had been upgraded to a suite room and was given access to the lounge on the 12th floor. I asked if we could have breakfast in the restaurant and the staff was more than happy to give us vouchers for it. Another plus point of being an elite member was the free Internet.
The rooms are simply decorated and more of a Scandinavian decor. All the necessary requirements were present along with ample power outlets.
The lounge had very good staff and was well stocked with good snacks in the evening and drinks etc throughout the day. There were 2 computers along with printer available as well.
Breakfast was excellent in every aspect. The restaurant was well laid out, the staff were great and ht spread of food was fantastic. I specially enjoyed the local version of yoghurt which was a thick creamy sort.
The hotel,s staff stand out as one of the best ones you would see and swift in their actions. Nothing is difficult for them.
This is the perfect place for a short transit and you will not be disappointed.

Long Island, United States
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Location is good - right near the tram. Concierge was not helpful at all - I had been on a cruise and did an AM excursion so I had a feel for the location of everything. I was in an executive king room and the bed was not very comfortable and the toilet bowel did not flush after a couple uses.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Patricia B
Potomac, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is literally right across the street from the terminal and from rental car return. Simply put, it is fantastic - clean, attractive, convenient, excellent service. The hotel also has a very good restaurant and a top notch breakfast buffet. If the hotel were closer to downtown Copenhagen, it would also be our choice beyond the night before departure. Too bad there are no other Hilton alternatives near Copenhagen. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kastrup
Quality Airport Hotel Dan
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
Copenhagen Marriott Hotel
#9 of 116 in Copenhagen
Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport

Been to Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport? Share your experiences!