“SUPERB HOTEL WITHIN THE AIRPORT”

Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kastrup
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is first class hotel within the terminal buildings so no need to get wet or cold after landing. Also very handy for rail, metro and bus services. Rooms and beds are spacious and spotlessly clean. Would definately stay here again. By using Trip Advisor site I was able to obtain 12 per cent discount.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlanHBlackpool_UK

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for one night before a 7am flight to Frankfurt, and was very impressed with the simplicity of finding my way there, the ease of check-in, and the excellent level of service and comfort. When I checked in, I had a persistent headache that I couldn't shake, so rather than venturing into Copenhagen to explore, I booked a massage at the stunningly beautiful hotel spa, ordered room service, and spent the evening relaxing in my room. The massage was excellent, the room service food was quite decent (the salad was quite fresh and creative -though served without any sort of dressing, which seems odd to me), and the bed very comfortable. They even had a nice breakfast buffet set out at 5am, when I left the hotel, which was an unexpected and thoughtful touch.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My flight home was cancelled and at 10.30pm so I was faced with either a flight to Brussels and then another on some old prop plane back to England so I said no I will catch the one tomorrow.
The hotel is literally right outside the terminal so you can't get closer, no cab rides or trains just a minute if that outside the terminal doors.
The staff were really friendly, the rooms were nice, simple and quiet. I didnt have dinner or breakfast as I was late in and early up so I cannot comment on the food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

On a recent business trip, I stayed in this hotel twice in a short period of time. I had business in the area for many days so my first stay was quite long. Due to this unusually long stay (this is an airport hotel after all) the front desk manager upgraded my room during my first stay.

The "deluxe" room has a king bed and was very comfortable. The decor was clean and modern. The service from the staff was excellent and the breakfast spread was very nice. The second time around I stayed in a "standard" room, which has two twin beds and was not quite as comfortable. There is no difference in size between the two room types that I could notice, but that is not something which matters to me. The one complaint I have about the rooms is that in the "standard" room there was a fan in the bathroom which was quite noisy and running until 11pm. I didn't experience this in the "deluxe" room so I do not know the cause.

Since the hotel is attached to the airport, it is also extremely convenient to the public transport system. It is very easy to hop on the metro and be in the center of town in minutes. I found this an excellent way to get around and did not regret not staying in a more central area.

I would agree with other reviewers that the drinks and food are a little over priced, but you are staying in a Hilton (never cheap!) at an airport in an expensive city, so honestly I was not surprised.

My final small gripe is that the spa, where the pool is, closes at 9pm. If you are at a business meal at 7pm, likely you can't be back at the hotel in time to use the spa. I understand the treatments should stop at a reasonable time, but perhaps access to the spa could be extended for relaxation purposes.

The bottom line is that this is a fine hotel, good for short or longer stays. It is quiet, well appointed and makes it easy to roll out of bed and straight on to your flight.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bridge to Sweden! If you are staying for a long time, ask for a room...
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel very handy for airport, clean & efficient. Very expensive price of drink and food over the top.

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I popped in this week to Copenhagen to speak at a local conference and the Hilton was the closest property. At first I thought uh-oh, staying at an airport hotel but I could NOT have been more wrong. What a delightful minimalist decor, great restaurant, very good room service and a nice quiet oasis.

Would definitely without question stay at this property -- really enjoyed the BIG breakfast choices -- something for everyone.

Great place. Lovely decor. Good bed.

Room Tip: All are good rooms from what I can tell!
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Good location for short trip business and very good to access airport.
Good room and service. Breakfast also good for me.
See you again.

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kastrup
Quality Airport Hotel Dan
Copenhagen Go Hotel
#5 of 5 in Kastrup
Park Inn by Radisson Copenhagen Airport
AC Hotel by Marriott Bella Sky Copenhagen

Been to Clarion Hotel Copenhagen Airport? Share your experiences!