Copenhagen Go Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbowling alleyclose to the train stationbusy roadcontinental breakfastrooms are basictown centrethe hotel is cleancentral copenhagenshort staybetween flightsyour luggageairport hotelcityminconnection
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2011

For Copenhagen, and being close to the airport cheap is good.
Everything else is no star...not true. The staff are lovely, and the position is quiet.

At the moment it is a building site. We were surprised that they were accepting guests. Mud everywhere, dirty carpets. The renovation is really a lik of paint and everything else is 1970 stain.

Consider your options. For us this hotel was a last minute choice because it was cheap.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The hotel is near the Kastrup Airport, and our room was functional. The girls on Reception are helpful and smiling, and they are the brightest thing about the hotel.
The Copenhagen Go hotel is described as a budget hotel, and that is an accurate appraisal. Our room would have been about 4m² in area, and minimally furnished. The shower area is analogous with the toilet-and- wash basin. There is central heating, a television set, and a bed. Little else. The area around the hotel is a little desolate, and – it was the Ascension Day public holiday -- we found it difficult to find a restaurant or café that was open.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Price of a good 3 star Hotel but "hostel quality".
You dont get what you pay for.
Bathroom is not even 1.3 sq.m and the room is very tiny and without any closet.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I had a overnight short stopover in Copenhagan so just wanted a bed for 5 hours and this was perfect. I arrived 2300hrs and left 0430hrs. The hotel is in the middle of refurbishment so are offering a very low cost deal, whilst they have no cafe bar restaurant or lift etc.

My room was small with a small wet-room bathroom which was great for time saving as i could use the toilet shower and brush my teeth in the sink all at the same time! Couldnt get a wifi signal on the 3rd floor room, but it didnt bother me this time.

I wasnt sure wether my room was refurbished yet or not. if it was refurbished then they are doing this to a very low-cost standard indeed. The carpet in the corridors looked new but was the cheapest looking carpet ive seen.

Location is excellent for a stopover, one stop on the train from CPH airport, 5 mins ride, get off at TARNBY Station Theres a 24hr 7/11 store ( doesnt that make it a 24/24?) nearby also.

I didnt mind paying DK 400 for a one night stopover but not sure it would be particuarly good value once they start charging full rate in September 2011.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Tripper21
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed here for 1 Saturday night after extending a business trip so I could visit Copenhagen. After checking out prices in and around the city center near the train station I decided to take a gamble on the Go Hotel and save $$$. Based on other reviews, I had low expectations, and knew what I was getting into. I can honestly say, it worked out well for me.

The hotel is located on the first train stop headed toward Copenhagen from the airport. It was a short walk that did involve carrying luggage up and down some stairs. You can get directions from the 7Eleven store right at the train station exit.

I arrived early in the am so my room was not ready. They let me leave my suitcase in a storage room while I headed in to explore the city and visit friends. I received a call at 10:45 pm from the hotel reception asking if I was arriving as they close and leave at 11:00 pm. So make sure you don't get caught coming in too late or I am not sure what would happen. It was not a big deal for me since they had my cell number and called.

I stayed on the third floor and had to haul suitcases up 2 flights of stairs as there was no elevator at this time. The room was very small, but looked very clean and efficient. Like other reviews.... no phone, no clock ( but they have some to borrow at reception) no big fluffy towels or slippers, but again, I was looking for cheap and cheerful. The new wall mounted flat screen television worked well.

For the bathroom, picture a 1 meter by 2 meter shower that has a toilet and small sink installed within it. A single wall mounted container supplied soap, shampoo and body wash all rolled into one mysteriousl liquid. But hey, it lathered up and I felt clean. Do not bring anything into the bathroom/shower that you do not want to get wet.

This hotel was perfect for my needs. Right on the train line with easy access to central station and all of Copenhagen. I would not choose this hotel if I needed lots of amenities, had difficulty carrying luggage up stairs, or planned to spend a lot of time in my room. I got in late, slept well, and got up early to catch my flight home.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo