“Excellent for the area!”

The Old Stockdale Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Campbellford, Canada
“Excellent for the area!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Old Stockdale Mill Restaurant is full of charm and atmosphere. The staff is very attentive, which to me is just as important as the quality of the food. You can't have one without the other. We only wished we had know that the dinner menu is only served after 4 or 5 pm. We arrived on a Sunday at 2:30 pm to celebrate my birthday with drinks and some filet mignons and garlic tiger shrimp. But unfortunately could only pick from the lighter fare menu. So after our light lunch, I ended up going home and cooking bacon wrapped filets myself and some lobster tails, which I didn't want to do on my Birthday:-( Otherwise the food was good, so we will be back. Unless your a fan of microbrews, that is your only beer choice. A coors lite would have been nice:-) There were wines and liquors on the bar menu and they do allow you to bring your own bottle of wine, with a $17. corkage fee.

• Visited August 2013

Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Old World Charm”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We loved the atmosphere and the music. The food was average but the staff worked very hard and was extremely friendly. I felt that I was important to them. They were very attentive. There was live music that added a wonderful element to the evening

• Visited June 2013
Kingston, Canada
“A place that soothes the soul”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

Nothing better than hearing water flowing and watching herons while enjoying dinner. Great service, felt very cared for in this casual, eclectic eatery. Shrimp were cooked well, salad was great (generous enough to be shared) and steak were cooked just right. We left happy campers and look forward to bringing out of country guest to experience some Canadian soon.

Visited May 2013
Ontario
“Quiet place to dine and lovely views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Our reservation was for 5:00 but we arrived early. Finding the door locked we were going to wait in our car and were surprised when the owner came to the car and said we should come inside and have a drink until the kitchen opened.
The menu is limited, but from the appetizer to the main course, everything was fresh, hot and obviously not prepared in advance. The rusett setting might not be to some people's liking but we found it ver nice. We will go again.

• Visited April 2013
“Quaint and Cozy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had a chance to eat here for the first time, we live 5 miles down the road and never stopped in, boy do I feel like an idiot now. This place is amazing, I love the atmosphere and view. The food was extremely good. I am 6-3 I. Height so when I walk away from a place full, that's a good thing. I highly recommend it. I plan on taking my friends to this place. 5 stars all the way.