“l definitely advise skipping the fish*”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Ponvica

Ponvica
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Brezovica
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean, Slovenian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“l definitely advise skipping the fish*”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This restaurant is pretty hard to find, but my wife got a present with a coupon for dinner for two and we went there...

The setting is nice and the waiter is very kind and helpful. First major setback was the wine or better the lack of it.

We got a predetermined menu. For starters they served octopus salad and grilled cheese. The salad was nothing special and the cheese is not worth of mentioning. For the main course we had could choose between met and fish and we both decided for last. It was supposed to be grilled and then baked in with sautéed vegetables for few minutes.

It looked nice when it came on the table ... but my first bite was ... well ... very bad, to put it politely. The fish smell like blue cheese. The waiter was very sorry and brined me another one, and this one was way overcooked. My wife didn't touch hers.

Waiter did tried to compensate with better than included desert -- which was double portion of homemade ice cream, and it was good.

I can imagine that our meal was just an accident and they cook better than this ... but I suppose that I will not return to restaurant Ponvica likely. But they have playground for children.

The price – the price on a coupon was 40 € for 2 and I paid 6 € for ½ liter of “home” wine and one expresso.

* from: War of the Roses