“2 times for dinner and not again”
Review of Fergies Cafe & Wine Bar - CLOSED

Fergies Cafe & Wine Bar
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Lovely old building but for the second time poor service and disappointing food. Sat at the table for many minutes before menu dumped on the table (only one other customer who had already been served) . No information offered about the soup or fish of the day... I had to ask. Rissotto arrived in a sea of congealing brown sauce but the side dish of veggies I order was quite pleasant.

Enjoyed my $10 freshly cooked noodles for lunch from the shop in the Main Street much more.

2  Thank soksabi

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

In Portland on business and Fergie's was near where I was working. Decided to have dinner here at the last minute and I'm so glad I did. The food was exquisite. Situated in an historic building overlooking the harbour, the building has been freshly renovated and there is plenty of room to have the tables separated. I had 2 entrees, the pork belly on a citrus rocket salad and the chicken & mushroom risotto. Both dishes were amongst some of the best I've ever had. The menu has enough variety to please everyone, including daily specials. There is a solid wine list, the service was good and I thought the prices were quite reasonable for the standard of food. The only thing missing was my wife, so we could enjoy the experience together.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had dinner at Fergies today. First I had the gnocchi which was delicious and then "fish of the day" with ricotta and crisp vegies – very tasty. The food was very good, but it took (too) long time before first serving (approx. 45 min). The cafe (where the old post office used to be) is nice and not too crowded but a bit pricy. Have a table next to one of the windows and enjoy the wonderful view over the active harbor.

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited for dinner
I must be missing something reading previous reviews
Even allowing for the remote location ( which they dont on pricing) it is very average to say the least
Atmosphere was akin to a cafe inside a library food was average to poor

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Great view of the port, friendly waitresses, fresh fish for fish and chips. Really like the atmosphere in the restaurant. Chilli prawns were delish! Would dine here again