All reviews washing machine studio apartment water view place to stay close to shops central location secure parking business trip pt augusta petrol station cooking facilities centre of town self contained free wifi great spot water front short stay
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The Oasis is just a very good place to stay.
We did a family weekend away and it was of good quality for a regional motel. The security is very good.
My only issue was that there is no dedicated car parking and when they are full it is a case of find a park where you can and when we went out and came back late(ish) we had to park a few blocks (all rooms are in their own blocks) away from where we were staying and if a child is asleep when returning it could be a struggle to carry the child to the room.
All up this is a good place to stay in Pt Augusta.

Room Tip: get in early and do not move your car.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John D
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear John D

Thank you for bringing your family to stay with us. We are ideally located for families to enjoy what Port Augusta has to offer, including the beach, playground, fishing areas, shopping, restaurants and the Wadalta Outback Tourist Centre, all within a short walk.
I appreciate that parking can be an issue especially when we have high occupancy. Next time you stay with us please mention this when you make your reservation and we can reserve a car park for you.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We only planned to stay in the Majestic Oasis Hotel for one night as we were just passing through. As we were on our honeymoon, hotel staff provided us with very nice bottle of champagne. Unfortunately, we were in a car accident the next day and were forced to extend our stay. Since that moment, the staff at Majestic Oasis have gone out of their way to help us in any way they could (phonecalls, printing, rides to the bus station). Nothing was too much to ask! Would definitely stay there again.
Other than that: the two studio apartments we stayed in were great. Spacious, nice, clean, well equiped kitchen and bathroom (including washer and dryer!), ample parking space in front of our apartment, free internet...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasselm
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Jasselm

I do hope that the remainder of your honeymoon around Australia went a bit smoother and your bus trip to Alice Springs was reasonable.
I appreciate your comments about our staff. Our staff will always go out of the way to ensure that our guests are well looked after and our guests requirements are attended too.

I wish you all the best in your married life and look forward to welcoming you back when you next visit Australia.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Booking site unseen from the Internet is always a risk, however this one paid off! Affordable, great location close to boardwalk and shops. Room clean and comfortable but needs paint and grout! Washer and dryer in bathroom a great convenience for the weary traveller. Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank BDAP74

Dear BDAP74

Thank you for choosing to stay at Majestic Oasis Apartments. I appreciate that sometimes booking on the internet can be risky however as you found out we ensure that our property meets the image we are portraying and recently we had new photos taken of our property and these can be viewed on our company website, majestichotels.com.au.
The exterior of our property and interior waterview and waterfront apartments have all recently been painted and we will be ensuing the remainder of the apartments are painted and re-grouted in the near future.

I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very comfortable rooms with good amenities. Close to main street and restaurants. We stayed here as a single night stopover on our way north and will do so again. Minimal kitchen facilities, only a microwave......a small cooktop would be a great addition.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room on the inside of the property away from the road as was just a little noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine J

Dear Janine J

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. I appreciate that you found our rooms very comfortable and that they have good amenities, which include a Washing Machine, Clothes dryer and safe in every apartment.
The kitchen facilities in the Studio apartments include a full size fridge, convection microwave and either a portable hotplate or a frypan (located in the cabinet under the TV). Our waterfront and waterview apartments offer a larger space for meal preparation.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at Majestic Oasis apartments for one night on our way home. This was our second time staying here. Check in was easy and fuss free. Free wifi kept my eldest happy too. We stayed in a two bedroom apartment and my only point to make would be that the kitchen is very small if you are cooking for a family. Love the fact that there is a convection oven / microwave and I wish I had noticed this before I went to the supermarket. Great location with shops in walking distance. Playground on the waterfront also in walking distance.
On check out I was charged more than I was quoted but this was rectified without any questioning straight away when I mentioned it. When we next visit Port Augusta we will definitely consider staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maggott

Dear maggot

Thankyou for choosing to stay again with us. I also have teenage children so I know how important Wifi is to our travellers and we are pleased to be able to offer our guests this service Free and unlimited.
The kitchen has two hotplates, full size fridge and a convection oven, however on your next visit should additional cooking equipment be required please ask reception as they will be able to supply you with some portable appliances.
It was unfortunate that you were not initially charged the correct rate but I am glad to hear that our staff rectified this for you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Majestic Oasis Apartments.