All reviewswashing machinestudio apartmentwater viewplace to stayclose to shopscentral locationsecure parkingbusiness trippt augustapetrol stationcooking facilitiescentre of townself containedfree wifigreat spotwater frontshort stay
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband described the apartment as the perfect bachelor pad. It was funky, it was comfortable, beautiful view, wish we'd been staying more than one night. My only criticism would be with the washing machine and dryer. The washing machine is not the best, didn't get our clothes particularly clean but the dryer was a hassle. It was a 5kg dryer but if you put in more than 3kgs nothing dried. Even then it took a good couple of hours and that's for only half a machine load. There were five of us with a lot of washing so I had to stay up most of the night to get it done. That is my only criticism and it certainly has little impact on the quality of the accommodation. Would be more than happy to stay there again.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Anthony_Packard, Manager at Majestic Oasis Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear HarrisonHolidays

Thank you choosing to stay at Majestic Oasis Apartments and for writing a review.

It was great to hear that you found our accommodation comfortable. Our location, on the waterfront, certainly ensures we offer a great view however I would always suggest that you request a waterfront or water view apartment to ensure you receive these views, as most of our Studio apartments and Executive Rooms are in the middle or back of our property and therefore do not have the water or ranges views.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the Washing Machines and Dryers and have arranged for our maintenance department to undertake an audit of all the rooms to ensure they are all operating to our expected standard. I also travel with Children so I am very aware of the need to constantly wash and dry clothes. Should you have any issues with the in-room laundry in the future please contact me and I will arrange for your clothes to be washed in our industrial laundry that is used for the washing of our own linen, towels, etc.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped here for one night on our way through from Melbourne to Perth. It was the cheapest place of the lot @ $119 and the most modern to boot. Checked in with a smile and minimum of fuss before heading out to grab some dinner. The room was quite spacious, the shower was great (lots of hot water and pressure to go with it). Didn't have any real time to explore or check out the motel's facilities as it was just a place to kip overnight and it was perfect for that.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from outside of the complex as the early morning garbo's are very loud.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear neilwinch

Thank you choosing to stay at Majestic Oasis Apartments.

It was great to hear that you found the showers great as we have recently updated all our Bathroom tap ware and fittings to ensure the best experience for our guests.

I encourage you next time to spend a bit longer in Port Augusta. Port Augusta is an ideal place to base yourself and explore the many attractions and features of the region and our apartments are ideal to come back too after a hectic day.

I appreciate your feedback regarding the rubbish truck and I have spoken to the rubbish company to arrange a later pickup time.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Majestic Oasis Apartments.

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Everything was clean well kept modern and fresh. Room we stayed in was quite small tho. Drapes were great for blocking out the sun at 9pm (not used to day light savings) would stay again in a great location near parks, shopping, river and a fuel station.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Teresa T

Thank you for writing a review of our property.

We consistently want to deliver great products and we have a consistent focus towards maintenance and upkeep of our product so it is great to hear that you found everything clean, modern and fresh.

Perhaps next time you may consider a Waterfront apartment as these room types have separate living, dining and bedrooms and are a larger apartment.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on this occasion and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic accomodation. We live in the outback and regularly pass through Pt Augusta enroute to Adelaide and stay overnight. Great choice of apartments from studio to 2 bed and all have very contemporary feel. It's proximity to the town centre and foreshore make it an ideal place for an extended stay, there are plenty of retail opportunities nearby but remember after dark there is a good reason that the complex is enclosed by a large fence. On my last visit the studio I stayed in was spotlessly clean but while sitting on loo I glanced down at the loo brush, not a pleasant site and I certainly would not consider touching it, somebody may want to go round and check them as this
one was well overdue a replacment. This little whinge aside the Oasis is high quality accomodation and nothing else in the area compares.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear msga12

Thank you for choosing to stay at Majestic Oasis Apartments and I appreciate your feedback.
Our accommodation is great for overnight or extended stays and our location certainly makes it the number one choice for travellers.

We expect a high level of cleanliness in our rooms and around our property so I apologize that the toilet loo brush had not been replaced. As a result of your feedback I can ensure you that all brushes will be replaced.

Our property is quite large and therefore this is the reason we are a gated property. After dark in Port Augusta, is no different to any other city, however I would always recommend that you take caution when alone.

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Called in to Port Augustra to visit friend, Dave, at Autopro Port Augustra. The apartment was a nice place to stay, everything was good. The supermarket is just around the corner if you want to cook something yourself. I wish hotels would have better toilet paper and being an older person, hand rails in the showerer would help. I don't like credit card surcharges, 1.5% was too much when my small business only pays .78%, no good growling at the staff as they are only doing what they are told.Staff were really good

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends