“Cheap, clean, friendly”

Acacia Ridge Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Port Augusta
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I stayed in this motor inn on a Saturday night. Booked online for a retro single room, cost of $70. It was just off the highway, but far away enough to not hear any traffic noise.
I arrived late (9pm), but rang ahead and the lady was waiting for me and was most pleasant to deal with and very friendly and all organised for my arrival.
The retro room I think is called such as it is just old decor, but in all seriousness it didn't look to bad. New small flat screen TV, coffee/tea etc, clean very comfortable bed (Queen I think). Good clean bathroom and towels etc. Also has a heating/cooling A/C.
It's basic but pretty good for the money, certainly nothing to complain about at all.

I left early and left the room keys in a return slot and organised for my car keys and my car to be picked up later by someone else, only to happy to help with this as well.

I can recommend this room easily for the money I paid even if you are with someone else i think it is only $80 or $90. Not much for clean comfortable lodgings.

Room Tip: I had a room at the front against the room and slept well on a Saturday night. Most other room then...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Acacia Ridge Motor Inn

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Yet again I was welcomed warmly to this motel. This is one of those great finds that you want to keep secret but also want to tell everyone about to make sure they do well. Customer service is 10/10, stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms this time, bit more upmarket than what I've had in the past but worth it. Very comfortable bed and spotlessly clean room. Didn't have the breakfast this trip but took advice on some places to eat for dinner. If your passing through Port Augusta this is the place you want to stay at.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GordonWork
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This motel was a good find in Port Augusta. While it is an older style motel, the owners have undertaken a refurbishment program and our room was smartly decorated. The facilities are also sparkling clean, with fresh paint and a very tidy set-up. Our early morning breakfast was well-cooked and offered something for everyone at a very reasonable price. The location also ensures a quiet night's sleep. While the Acacia Ridge is easy to find from the main highway it is far enough away so you are not disturbed by traffic during the night. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LouMar15_13
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If only I had to stay in Port Augusta more often!
This was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had staying at a motel.
Maria - you are a Saint!!
I was looking for a bed for myself and my two children having traveled over 1,000km that day, I rang at approx 1am and spoke with Maria and discovered a seriously wonderful motel.
I particularly appreciated the security gates as I had a lot of gear in my vehicle, it was good not to have to unload it all.
The room was neat and tidy.
The bed was the best I have slept in in over 8,000km of travel =)
The room had floorboards and carpet - a fridge with milk and tea and coffee making facities and a microwave, which was wonderful.
The shower had great pressure and he towels were wonderfully soft!
Thank you so much for such a wonderful place to stay.
I will be back and recommend you to all who need to stay in PA.
Thanks again!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank GTXH007
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely quiet position, walking distance or a short drive to everything. Clean room, comfy bed, hot shower and very helpful friendly hosts including Diesel the dog. Thank you Maria and Andrew for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Due to work committments in Port Augusta I stayed with Andrew & Maria for a couple of weeks. I was so surprised at the friendly and helpful atmosphere, so much was done for me - much more than other motels I have stayed at. The rooms were really clean and comfortable, breakfasts were huge,I appreciated Maria & Andrew's thoughtfulness - so much more than I expected. I highly recommend this motel for your stay in Port Augusta. Top stuff!! Mark

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark R
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for a one night stay for business ; the owners were very helpful and friendly and the room was very clean and tidy ; comfy bed impeccable clean bathroom and the smorgasbord cooked breakfast good value at $12.50 ; reasonable priced accommodation and close to a great hotel that had good evening meals ; just a 10
min walk . Would Definitely recommend this property for business travellers as its quiet and offers a good nights rest , thanks Maria ;

• Stayed: May 2013