Beachside Motor Inn(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$82
Mantra Hervey Bay(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$131
  • Pool
Ramada Hervey Bay(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$99
Akama Resort(Hervey Bay)
$178
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$72
$140
$159
Shelly Bay Resort(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$103
Main Street Motel(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$80
All reviewsacross the roadcypress streetthe kitchentwo bedroom apartmentcoast restauranthighly recommend this propertyfraser islandfantastic apartmentgreat spotheated poolsea viewgreat poollounge rooma great place to staycouple of nightsstayed for nightsliving area
Reviewed June 4, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
julieb171, Manager at Grand Mercure Allegra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Well, I've stayed here a few times over the past few years, and I just can't warm to this place. I don't know if it is that I am a "short stay corporate traveller" but I've never had a reasonably positioned apartment. This is unfortunate because the units I've stayed in have all had this "closed in" feeling about them. Althought the units have been two bedrooms, the living areas are still rather small compared to other quality accommodation in Hervey Bay. The ensuites are very small, although the robe space is more than adequate. The lounge area furniture is minimal, and not so good if you have friends call around. The balcony areas are also fairly small. Both the living area and the bedrooms have only had a shear curtain to the full length glass doors facing outside, so privacy is not comfortable. The pillows are awful, but I did find some softer options in the wardrobe on my last stay. The position is great for the three local restaurants (Indian, Italian, and COAST) but not so good if you want to venture a bit further. It is a bit out of the way from the main sphere of culinary action. It is pleasant enough, but I do find some other establishments in town have more spacious apartments and are in better locations.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank FamilyTravels094
julieb171, Manager at Grand Mercure Allegra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

You mention you are a "short stay corporate traveller" - does this mean your employer allocates a budget for your accommodation? If so, that may explain the allocation of apartment style.
We have oceanfacing apartments, apartments with direct access to the swimming pool, penthouses and some larger apartments in our complex however these apartment styles may fall outside of your company approved expenditure for accommodation.

We have a number of corporate guests who stay with us regularly and love Allegra. For guests who return regularly, whenever possible, we try to offer an upgrade.

We offer varying levels of accommodation to meet different requirements and budgets. Whether it is a week stay for a family, a couple for a weekend stay, wedding groups or corporate visitors, there is an apartment style and price to suit everyone.

We would like to mention that bedrooms have blockout curtains as well as sheers...so privacy is provided.

We have been awarded a Certificate of Excellency from Trip Advisor this month so do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

My wife and I had 3 nights here in July 2012 in a penthouse suite which included a roof top deck with spa and BBQ. The property is very well equipped and well located close to restaurants and opposite the beach. Pool area was attractive and inviting and gardens lush and well maintained. Management was friendly and helpful. Only complaint was the hard bed which resisted all attempts at a good nights sleep. Overall an enjoyable and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Top floor suites have an ocean view and you can enjoy the amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rob & Christine T
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Stayed at the Allegra 4 or 5 times on business in the area and would rate it as the best place in Hervey Bay and significantly ahead of the Mantra in terms of both location and offering.

The positives
* The apartments are brand new and very well equipped - best Kitchen I have come accross even had a salad spinner
* The pool looked nice - sadly each day i left early and got back late so couldnt use but look inviting
* Good location right by the beach with nice restaurants 50metre walk from the back door
* Has normal TV and Ausstar - altho took me till my third stay to figure out it had normal TV]
* Spacious - Had a one bed apartment and had two bathrooms and a huge kitchen and lounge area

The Negatives and in my mind these are slight
* The pillows - these are too hard and management need to look at some other options
* Service - I didnt orignally know but these are unserviced apartments and thats fine I can cope with that, however on departure you are told to empty the rubbish or risk a fine, given housekeeping has to obviously clean the room before the next stay they could also take the rubbish, having to leave lovely accomodation with a big bag of rubbish while juggling your luggage somehow cheapened the experience
- Gym - was badly lit and given was in underground carpark the bad lighting made it feel uninviting to say the least

I would definatly stay again and were the above niggles corrected I would change my rating from 4 to a 5. Altho I should also add given I travel for work I can often be more critical than the avg traveller and for a family weekend away the Allegra would prove fantastic

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed with our 2 grandsons for a week in a 2 bedroom plus office apartment. 2nd floor no sea views but a private outlook into trees. Modern large living,plenty of room for all. Large outdoor heated pool was a bonus. Quality cafe/bar attached otherwise more restaurants etc close by. Beach across the road. Would recommend to anyone wanting quality accomodation in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
julieb171, Manager at Grand Mercure Allegra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2012

Hello Sandy,
Thank you so much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Allegra and the special time with your grandsons. We look forward to seeing you again.