Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Fraser Gateway(Hervey Bay)
View Hotel
Main Street Motel(Hervey Bay)
  • Pool
Sunseeker Motel(Scarness)
  • Pool
Riviera Resort(Hervey Bay)
View Hotel
All reviewslady elliot islandfraser islandwhale watchingwonderful oasistropical paradisehummer tourgardens are beautifulbarbecue areamain townlate arrivalour night stayshuttle busexcellent staystayed for nightsgreat place to stayroom was spaciouslonger stay
Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a find for us. Headed for Fraser Island and needed a room for one night. Emeraldene was just off the highway. As soon as we turned in the drive we knew we had made the right choice. Rob (the owner) gave us an excellent welcome, was very happy to show us the rooms before we booked in. Rob was also a mine of information on Fraser, worth the $5.00 for the wifi connection to read his blogs on Fraser and other Hervey Bay topics. Pool was wonderfully refreshing. Rooms very clean and very well equipped. Bird life was fantastic amongst all the sub tropical planting. We booked rooms for our return night from Fraser and once again we're not disappointed. All in all any excellent motel. A car is a useful as it is in a quiet part of town.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm T
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for a great review. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us before and after your Fraser Island adventure.

I am so pleased you found great value in my blog. I am extremely passionate about our region and the great natural assets we have at our doorstep, and I am devoted to ensuring our visitors get the most from their time on the Fraser Coast. I have spent a lot of time sharing all my inside knowledge of the region via my blog (which can be found on my website).

I'm glad you had an awesome self-drive of the island, and hope you get a chance to come back and experience some of the other great natural experiences we have on offer in Hervey Bay.

All the best,

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for only 1 night but wish we could have stayed longer.Not just he provided an affordable, very spacious, very clean and neat room, he also showed us on the map where to go what to see in that short time.and those places he recommended were TRULY awesome! He also organised a day tour to Lady Elliot island for us and recommended some other great spots we wish we could have visited but ran out of time. never mind, plenty of reasons to go back for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Olisyd

Hi Olisyd,

Thanks so much for your great review and kind words.

We not only aim to provide immaculately clean, well equipped, large rooms and unequalled service, but ALSO the best possible value in the process. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us and also all my recommendations.

I have a lot more great suggestions of things to do and see and places to eat, so I look forward to seeing you again for that longer stay you have promised!!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

in an oasis of green with lots of birds, outside the city in an nowhere area. you need a car to get to the beach or into the city. not much daylight in the rooms due to the trees, it's a bit like living in the rainforest.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Hi be f,

Thanks for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our immaculately clean rooms and our friendly care and service.

You are right, we have a very tropical and quiet rainforest setting that attracts a LOT of native birds and wildlife. Our rooms are surrounded by shady trees and landscaped gardens that ensures that we have a wonderfully cool setting during the hot summer months.

All rooms have a front and back entrance (with security insect screens) that allows a lot of light through the large sliding doors out onto the balcony.

Room tip : for extra bright rooms, the end rooms (#1, #12) have extra external windows!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia, and it would be wonderful to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Rob the owner was really friendly and most helpful. He arranged for our trip to Fraser Island using a reputable company. Also advised where to get get Christmas lunch.
Would recommend to anyone wanting a quiet comfortable retreat. Quite well located for those with transported.
Thanks rob for all the excellent advise you made our holiday.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hi Alex,

Thanks so much for the kind words and positive review.

I am so glad we managed to organise your Fraser Island self-drive trip at the last minute. It is such an amazing destination and the perfect place to spend the holiday period with family.

It was a great pleasure having you with us over Xmas, and I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you again.

Cheers,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stayed here for 2 days and was most impressed with the host who helped me all the way from booking the accommodation to arranging our Fraser Island tour. We got a little late reaching the lodge but he was kind enough to wait for us and also provide us with a little detail regarding the city like restaurants and retail stores.
The family apartment we stayed in was large and has a fresh feel to it. There is parking available right in front of the apartment just like you will have at your home. The only issue with rooms could be that there is only one bathroom in the family apartment. Also, there is just one air conditioner in the living area and none in bedroom.

Room Tip: Family apartment was spacious and nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Hi Sachin,

Thanks for your great review. I am glad we were able to assist with your total trip planning for your time in our region, and that you enjoyed your time with us and also on Fraser Island.

Our Family Apartments are a very big 1 bedroom apartment (60m2), and yes they do only have 1 bathroom. They have a separate bedroom with queen bed, and then a set of bunk beds for the kids in the large studio area. These rooms are perfect for a family, but if there are 2 couples or 4 adults we would recommend 2 Deluxe or Superior Suites. We also have interconnecting Deluxe Suites, which effectively give you a 2 bedroom suite with 2 bathrooms and 2 kitchenettes.

I hope you have another opportunity to visit our region (perhaps during whale watch season next time!), and we would love to see you again.

Best regards,