Mantra Hervey Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Akama Resort(Hervey Bay)
View Hotel
Ramada Hervey Bay(Hervey Bay)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hervey Bay Motel(Hervey Bay)
View Hotel
Shelly Bay Resort(Hervey Bay)
2,358 results
All reviewsboat clubgreat locationwhale watchingoverlooking the marinaspa bathhotel roomsecure parkingone bedroom apartmentreception staffeasy accesstop floorenjoyable staygreat place to stayshort staywashing machinemanorbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed in Hervey Bay before couldn't get into the previous hotel Quarter Decks, so decided to stay at the Mantra (heard it was the best hotel in the bay) checked in no warm greeting or welcome, got our room which was dated too the 80's, the room needed a deep clean, TV and air-con remotes had battery acid leaking so they didn't work, room furnishing were dusty and could of done with a wipe down, the windows had not been cleaned probably in a year, so the view was ruined, balcony was full of dust from the air conditioning unit which had not been cleaned either like the windows, secure carpark should say limited secure carpark as there is not enough for all guest..... Just expect a whole lot more for $360 per night will never stay there or recommend it to anyone :( poor form Mantra......

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MantraHB, General Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Joshua R,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your short stay at Mantra Hervey Bay. I apologise that you encountered problems with some aspects of the cleaning of the apartment that you stayed in. The items that you have listed are certainly normally presented in a very clean state, and we conduct 'spring cleaning' on an annual basis. I am sorry that they were not up to scratch on this occasion, but would like to assure you that we do not normally have issues associated with the cleaning of the rooms.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family and I have stayed at the Mantra Hervey Bay many times over the last few years. We have stayed in 2 bedroom apartments, 1 bedroom apartments and the Hotel rooms . We have our favourite rooms that we request when we book either direct or through Wotif and have not been disapointed with the allocated rooms . Over the years there has been some minor maintenance issues but as soon as we contact reception it is dealt with in a timely manner. We have had to change rooms due to an air-conditioner leaking onto the bed. My husband and I keep in mind that these things happen and are out of the control of the staff. We always report any maintenance issue as we feel that if we don't, how are the staff to know - they aren't staying in the room. This way the people staying in the room next should enjoy their stay. The staff we have encountered have always been friendly, helpful and oblidging. Because it is our favourite place to stay I celebrated my 50th Birthday there in October. We booked 4 rooms to accommodate those celebrating with me and the staff were able to get all rooms on the same floor and as close to each other as possible. 2 of the couples had never stayed at the Mantra before but now that we have introduced them to this wonderful place, they are eager to return. Looking forward to my next visit - hopefuly early February. Thankyou Mantra for always looking after us.

Room Tip: Contact reception for advice on rooms with the best view - they are always helpful.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sharon K

Dear Sharon K,

It is always a pleasure to look after you during your stays at Mantra Hervey Bay. I will share your feedback with our team members.

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room directly through Mantra, and specifically requested a King sized bed which I was assured we would recieve. When we arrived, the room had not been serviced or cleaned from the previous guests. The bed was dirty, unmade and had hair throughout, there were dirty nappies in the bathroom and we were made to wait in the room until hotel staff came to move us. I was also disappointed at how small the room was.

We were transferred to another room but to our surprise, there were just two singles beds pushed together even though we specifically requested a King size bed when booking direct. The manager explained the following day that the Mantra Hervey Bay only has single beds pushed together in all rooms, no queens or kings.
So if you are looking for a nice romantic stay as a couple, DO NOT STAY HERE as it is very uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Happy travels!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Travlaar
MantraHB, General Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Travlaar,

I am very sorry that you were checked into a dirty room. This was a simple error by the person allocating the room that didn't check to see that the status of the room was still dirty. You are correct that the room had not yet been cleaned following the departure of the previous guests, and should not have been allocated to your reservation. I took the call from the night service just after you arrived at 11.45pm and was up at your room 5 minutes later with keys to a larger 1 Bedroom Spa Apartment that was next door to your original room and apologised for the inconvenience.

I am sorry that you found the bed uncomfortable. I should point out that they aren't just pushed together, but rather they are King Zip beds. King Zip beds are commonly used in hotels, motels, and apartments to provide more flexibility in providing bedding configurations to guests. All of our rooms have King Zip beds.

Please accept my apologies regarding the inconvenience of being checked into a dirty room late at night. I believe that we provided a discount off the original room rate to compensate you for the inconvenience. I do hope that the rest of your journey south was pleasant.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment just after Xmas for $340 per night for 3 nights with another couple then changed to a motel room for a further night after our friends left. Check in was not prior to 2 p.m. Check in was then quite and no drama. I was abit disappointed with the room however. The living area only has air conditioning so when there was no breeze the bedrooms was very hot. We had what they call the main room only because it has a small balcony and we slept with the door wide open all night. No screen door. The other bedroom had a window however was secured so that you could only open it approx 10 cm. Not enough to get much air/breeze through. The kitchen was well appointed however you have to become friends with the cleaning ladies to get additional dishwashing and dishwasher cleaners as you only get 2 sachets. The listing for a 2 Bedroom Apartment at the Mantra states that is has a ENSUITE. This is NOT so. When I went to check that we had the right room I was told that the bathroom is the ensuite..... they just have no idea ! The bathroom is also shared with the Washing Machine and Dryer. I had to clean the glass on the main balcony door so that we could actually see through it and the balcony needs a good mop. Very sticky on your feet. Shower also needs a good clean - below standard.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Ang4gb,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on your recent stay at Mantra Hervey Bay.
You are correct that there is only 1 x air conditioning unit per apartment. The air conditioners for the 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments are a 6.5kw unit, which is normally more than adequate for cooling the whole room. However, given the warm holiday period that we have just experienced, I can appreciate that in a 2 Bedroom Apartment this may not have cooled sufficiently. I'm sorry if this caused some discomfort during the night.
I also apologise that the cleaning of the balcony and shower recess were not up to standard. These should have been identified prior to check-in.
We are always happy to provide additional amenities such as washing up liquid, soap, shampoo, coffee etc. during your stay.
If possible, could you please email me and let me know where you saw mention of each room having an ensuite. I would like to update whichever website you sighted that information on as it is certainly not something that we would want to advertise. However, having said that, it is only the 2 Bedroom Apartments that don't have an ensuite.
Once again, thank you for providing this feedback, and please accept my apologies for the issues that you experienced.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We booked the Mantra, Hervey Bay with an offer through the Brisbane Entertainment Book, and got an excellent "value for money" price. We stayed 6 nights.

We had a hotel room in Tower 2, on the 3rd floor. The room was compact but has everything you need. This room type does not have the kitchen facilities as mentioned in other reviews, but this was not an issue for us. There wasn't much room to leave the suitcase out all the time but we worked around it. The King size bed was comfy though !

The spa bath was a selling point for this hotel and was well used and enjoyed.

The views are stunning as all the rooms look out over the pool and Marina.
We loved watching the sunrise each morning.

The local restaurants are very good and reasonably priced. It is also within walking distance to the Esplanade for more choice.

Our deal did not include a daily service, but we were able to ask for fresh towels and supplies as required. The toiletries are so nice and are exclusive to the Mantra, but it appears we would have had to purchase additional ones so we provided our own.

We did end up buying our own jar of coffee as well, as the coffee supplied in the rooms left a lot to be desired. A very minor issue, but even one of the staff members agreed with us !

There was ample secure parking, which meant we knew the car was safe when we were over at Fraser Island for one of the nights.

The hotel felt very quiet and we were lucky most days to have the pool to ourselves, which made it all the more relaxing.

We felt very sad leaving, and certainly will miss the view.

All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.

Would we stay there again ? Absolutely!

• Stayed: December 2012
MantraHB, General Manager at Mantra Hervey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Suzi27m,

Thank you for your very detailed review of your stay at Mantra Hervey Bay. It sounds like you had a lovely stay with us. It's a good point you raise about the toiletries. They are in fact very popular. Especially the lemongrass soap. We are happy to provide additional toiletries, tea, coffee, and sugar from reception during your stay at no additional cost.

I do hope we see you back at Mantra Hervey Bay in the future.