“Good pub food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hoolihans Irish Restaurant & Bar

Hoolihans Irish Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #20 of 176 Restaurants in Hervey Bay
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Australian, British
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This very popular restaurant has prices to suit all budgets and food to suit all tastes. Great staff and atmosphere. Eat free on your birthday (Min 2 people)
Bribie Island, Australia
“Good pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014

The portion sizes are good and the food tasty for pub food. Service was good and meals came out quick.

Visited February 2014

• Hebrew first
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great food and value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

We went to Hoolihans on a Saturday night with friends, it is vibrant and noisy - perhaps a little too noisy inside for conversation so I would recommend outside seating. The food however was fabulous we all raved over our meals which is unusual as one of us usually gets a dud. I really really enjoyed my barramundi and would happily order this again. Great little place with a nice vibe and great food which is value for money. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great food and lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

My parents, my partner and my self when to hoolihans for dinner and it was a great feed! Big servings (not one of us got through the whole dish) and the time it takes for the food to arrive at your table once you order is minuscule! Reasonably priced! Definitely a place to go for some great dinner!

Visited February 2014
kildare
“great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

good value food, good service and reasonable priced drink.
good big spacious lounge with music on a Sunday night. nice atmosphere.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank lilywhitescilldara
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Shocking bar service but food OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

The Esplanade from Denmans Camp Road to Elizabeth Street in Hervey Bay is almost devoid of anywhere decent to get a beer and some food, aside from the Torquay Hotel and Hoolihans. This is of course unless you want Thai, ice cream or take out fish and chips. This is why we "ended up" in Hoolihans, not a place that would have been my first choice for food.

This is a jelly mould Irish pub, seen the world over selling Australian beer and Guinness. This is usually a winning formula, but it does depend heavily on good staff.Having popped in the night before for a pint when the band was on, we decided to go back for food. We found a table and I went to order. In short, the bar maid was just plain rude. She served me a glass of red wine when I asked for a Sauvignon Blanc and a schooner of beer, despite me asking for a pint. Ordering food just made her angry, she voodoo prodded the till and became even angrier when she cocked it up and had to cancel the order. The bar area was pretty full and a couple of punters commented on her behaviour, for which they recieved a tongue lashing. For two pins, I would have walked out, but as I have said, there are few decent places to eat & drink in the area.

The food arrived quickly and we moved to the outside seating to be far away from the obnoxious girl behind the bar. I cuddled my beer to the end of the meal and we left. We would have had another, but the barmaid really put me off. The food was great, hot and tasty. I had Roo steak and my wife had a chicken salad.

On the up side, the older serving lady with the fish nets on was a delight, maybe she should be asked to do some in house training?

• Visited December 2013