“One of QLD's Best!!”

Coast Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #2 of 188 Restaurants in Hervey Bay
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to Coast a dozen or so times. I am regularly in Hervey Bay on business and love coming back to this restaurant every time.
But Coast is also the place I take clients to impress them- this restaurant really nails it every time, The food is so consistently great and the service always friendly and efficient. Coast is a hatted restaurant (the quality of the menu and wine/beer list is fantastic) and VERY reasonably priced for food and booze of this quality. I travel extensively for work and rarely come across a place that really nails it like these guys. A truly great restaurant.
By the way- they do a great Sunday session!! Coast have a great acoustic set and $20 buckets of Corona's every Sunday.

1  Thank TheFunnyGuy

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I dined here on the 6th July 2014 to celebrate our 8year anniversary at what looked like to be a promising menu and meal.

We arrived at 7pm and were seated promptly. We were not asked weather or not we wanted to be seated inside or outside, which was a real shame as we would have loved to have sat outside.
We sat inside along the large bench seat.

It took around 10minutes for them to come by and take our orders, from which we ordered the following;
1lt of Apple black currant cocktail
Hervey Bay scallops straight up
Meat choice was the pork belly
Pear walnut salad side

The scallops came out even before our drinks which we were disappointed in. They came out around 13 or so minutes after taking the order, so the entree time wasn't a bother. It was the fact we waited 20minutes to receive our $35 cocktail!

The scallops, whilst I loved these, my husband found them unpalatable. They were served cold and were extremely sweet. My husband ended up forfeiting his share.

The pork belly was next (around 10minutes after finishing entree) which time wise was great.

The meat came out on a wooden board with a jus and chilli jam on the side. In total there were 9 thin slices of the pork. The pork belly indeed was soft as butter and easily broke under the pressure of your butter knife, however not crunchy at all. The fat part was all soft and stringy, not a pleasant texture in ones mouth. The chilli jam was amazing though. This was my husbands favourite part of the whole meal. I ended up only having 3 slices as it's texture put me off.

The pear and walnut salad, we both enjoyed this. The only thing my husband didn't approve of was the walnuts. He said the flavour combo was off putting but enjoyed the salad without the walnuts. I tend to agree there were certainly too many. However all the other elements were delicious. I think this was my favourite part of the whole meal, the side salad!

We were offered the desert menu but politely declined, after what we has experienced, we decided to go down the road to the local Ice creamery.

All in all, for the experience and "pleasure" of utilising their share plate feature, and finding the food to be of average quality, the $112.50 in total we spend could have been spent better elsewhere.

I feel the menu is indeed enticing, however the pricing and standards have to be lifted. Pork belly should never be served soft. Even if they quickly pan fried the edges before serving, it would have changed the texture of the meal into something more palatable overall.

Would I dine here again?
Certainly not.
I would choose a smaller side restaurant that offers generous servings for the price paid.

5  Thank xxSjayxx
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have been here twice now and have not been dissapointed. The first was my husbands 20 year service at work, the second was the bosses birthday. The menu is designed to be in the middle of the table and shared depending on what you choose from the menu. I highly reccomend the lamb. There is a great vibe and position and staff are fantastic.

1  Thank Celeste Y
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Didn't like the staff badgering us every ten minutes asking if everything was ok, which is wAs. Only down side - food, and atmosphere are great! Polite staff, fast delivery of meals and great tasting food in large portions. You pay for excellence and you get it at coast. The only restaurant I will be happy to pay money at as it has never been a let down for us

2  Thank Skyseatree
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were expecting something special and the food & service more than met our lofty expectations in particular the lamb shoulder which was tender, tasty and memorable
Mike & Jill Harvey