“Great pasta & pizza cooked with love with great staff to boot”
Review of Paolo's Pizza Bar

Paolo's Pizza Bar
Ranked #15 of 183 Restaurants in Hervey Bay
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Wood fired pizza!!!! Pasta and entree Gelato and cake!,
Melbourne, Australia
“Great pasta & pizza cooked with love with great staff to boot”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife & I were up from Melbourne to Hervey Bay in mid August 2012 & really loved our experience at Paolo's. The food was just great, my wife & I had over the 5 nights from memory we went there, gnocchi, lasagne, bruschetta, caprese, pizza & tiramisu. I seriously would have to say the lasagne I had on my 1st night there would have to have been close to the best lasagne I have ever had, it was so rich & full of flavour & I had a few lasagnes over the years. I also cannot speak high enough of the hardworking & very friendly staff as well, nothing was to much trouble for them & even several nights the owner & cook himself came out & had a great chat with us towards the end of the night too. Just a great experience here, loved it

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Gareth T

Denpasar, Indonesia
“Best authentic pizza”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This place just keeps getting better, not only the food but the staff have really got their act together. Dined at paolos Wed night. Very busy, however nothing seemed to phase the staff, we were politely greeted, seated and had menus and drinks within a few minuits. Great to see teamwork with the waiters they really had things cranking! Food came out perfectly on time. The rustic gourmet pizzas here are in my opinion, the best I anywhere. The cosy atmosphere, consistency with food and the sevice is what it's all about.
Great work guys!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank David W
Perth, Australia
“Great pizza!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband had lasagna and I had a pizza. Everything looked like it was from scratch. The crust was wonderful and the atmosphere was very laid back. Great music too!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Gena50
“Good pizza with friendly staff to match”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We got takeaway pizza on a Sunday night, when it wasn't busy. Staff were friendly as we waited for our takeaway by the bar. Was offered full carafe of chilled water without asking. Margarita pizza was traditional Naples style, uncut with lovely tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. Pizzas were a little trouble some to cut, but they were good. Good quality ham was used for the Hawaiian style pizza, which also had whole sliced pineapple. Worth trying if you're after Italian style pizza.

1 Thank MissFei
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too expensive. No entre sized meals. Service was unhelpful.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Small eaters get charged full price for child's portion. Locals that are known to staff get their meals whilst other patrons wait. Takeaway got preference.

1 Thank Down_the_Coast