Stayed here for 2 nights recently as we were planning a trip to Fraser Island and a whale watching tour. Chose it due to reviews on Trip Advisor, we were not disappointed.
We had a 1 bedroom unit on the ground floor. I was impressed with the overall size of the unit, it was big! Open concept with kitchen, living and dining all in same room. Kitchen had all the cutlery/dishes etc...my only complaint with the kitchen would be the location of the microwave (which I've seen others mention on here - its over the fridge) and also, to me, the lighting was inadequate in the evening, it didn't give off enough light in the kitchen area.
Sofa was a pull out sofa bed, which our daughter slept on and was comfortable. What we liked was that even with the bed pulled out, there was LOTS of room to still move around.
The bedroom was big, had a tv and a king size bed. It has sliding doors to close it off from the rest of the unit.
Laundry was in the bathroom. My only complaint was the shower screen didn't go full length of the tub, it was small and therefore water would end up on the floor.
Patio - loved the patio...table and chairs and had its own gate which led into the pool. All the ground floor units had their own access to the pool from their patios. Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to go for a swim, just not enough time. We wish we would have had an extra day to just spend on the patio and in the pool.
Parking is underground and on a first come first served basis.
Within walking distance to the marina for whale watching tours.
On site restaurant Smokey Joe's, which we had a lovely dinner at. We also had breakfast for the 2 mornings we were there...first morning, we were there right when it opened because we had a tour to catch - 7am on weekend - we found the food at room temperature to cool. Following morning, we had a little more time and it opened at 6:30, by the time we got there, the food had had a chance to warm up, so was better. On offer was hot and cold breakfast foods. If breakfast wasn't included in our stay, we wouldn't have paid for it.
Without a doubt and without hesitation, we would recommend Ramada Hervey Bay and would absolutely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stylish resort and hotel is ideally positioned in the vibrant yet laid-back town of Hervey Bay. Choose from studio rooms, one bedroom suite or enjoy with the family a two bedroom apartment. The property is ideal for business or pleasure. Features include a heated spa,two pools including a 42 metre pool oasis. Enjoy a massage around the pool in our poolside gazebo, enjoy a bike hire along the waterfront to Enzo or Aquavue, a seaplane over Fraser Island and return to live music in Smokey Joe's Cafe bar and grill with our signature Taste of the Bay Seafood Platter. This is the perfect launch pad to experience the natural wonders of World Heritage listed Fraser Island, whale watching (August to October) and the coloured sands of Rainbow Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Ramada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ramada Hotel Hervey Bay
- The Ramada Resort Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast