“Friendliness”

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Friendliness”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The staff at Ramada went out of their way to welcome us and to ensure our every need was met. This matched the friendliness if the local community. The accommodation at Ramada met our needs - two couples. The bed was comfortable. The room lovely and dark for a much needed sleep in. We were unaware of other guests in terms of noise. The proximity to the pool was awesome. We will definitely be returning. Well done Ramada.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the ground level for proximity to pool and surrounds. Our balcony was still sufficiently...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Ramada Hervey Bay, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear SueS,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor feedback.

Thank you not only for mentioning the team here but also the local community which we are very much part of. I took this and placed it on our facebook page. Our Mayor Gerard O'Connell has launched this boaster campaign so he I know will be pleased to hear this!

Many thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to having you back in in the coming months. Perhaps for the whale watch season starting in July?

Email: andrew@ramadaherveybay.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Zurich
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This property is quite nice, the rooms are spacious, new and have a cosy balcony to have a beer on in the evening. Also the pool area is inviting and looks indeed sparkling at night.

But what a pity for the nice building that would deserve the Ramada brand, the service is the worst element of it all and is surely NOT RAMADA STANDARD. Staff is neither friendly and nor accommodating. Arriving at 20:00pm at so called 4 star resort, I would expect a manned reception at least. Entering the restaurant which is actually the corridor from front desk to rooms area, I encountered a snotty host who was not able to give me any proper instructions about how I could obtain my key. After looking around I found key and a letter in the mailbox instead. The next morning the receptionist was not very much friendlier either and I would expect rooms to be serviced on a daily basis staying in a 4 star hotel, but they are in fact not, not even fresh towels are provided. Requesting fresh towels at reception, I was asked to fetch them there, how nice. The breakfast is a joke. At 09:30 half of the goodies are gone and staff does not seem to be interested in replenishing. In addition, the breakfast area inside and outside would urgently need to see a broomstick.

Location-wise it is kind of a trap, very near to the marina but far from everything else so that you need a taxi if you want a nice dinner. The marina caters fully to elderly guests 60+ years and the atmosphere of a cruise ship is predominant. We spent New Year's Eve in Hervey Bay, at 23:30pm we were back at the hotel, I have never experience such a boring Year's end.

Room Tip: Room to the front and on upper floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew D, General Manager at Ramada Hervey Bay, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Dear Sveenz,

Thank you so much for to taking the time to complete the tripadvisor review from your stay at the of last year. I was pleased that you liked the property, including the rooms, balcony and pool.

It is a shame you left it three months to let me know that we didn't meet your expectations. My team and myself are committed to our guests and ensuring that they have a wonderful stay.
My business card is at reception and we now have Moments of Truth cards in the rooms for guests to give feedback along with my mobile and direct dial number. I encourage any guest that is unhappy to contact me during their stay and we will be pleased to resolve any issue or concern.

I would like to cover off your concerns:

You highlighted reception hours and I am pleased to say since 17 Feb we have reception hours until 9pm.

Being a resort location (along with all our competitors) we don't provide as a standard daily servicing of rooms, however it can be purchased. Also a mini service is included in our Corporate First rate. This is for eco reasons and also to keep our rates down for you. Guests are advised of this prior to check-in and also on their confirmation letter prior to arrival. In fact a number of our guests have complimented this on Tripadvisor how it is a good that we don't do daily servicing. I too am from Europe and I realise this is not usual but is very much of what happens at a resort property.

With breakfast we have taken a number of steps for improvements and you can see we have had a number of compliments again on Tripadvisor on this.

I do hope that you will come back. Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday we have live music in Smokey Joe's Cafe (we hope to have more nights) and the property will be featured on Queensland Weekender late June/July which will highlight all the great attractions that the Fraser Coast has to offer.

Some of these activites include jet boating, jet skiing, kayak, fishing, sailing, big game fishing, saltwater fly fishing, horseback riding, water skiing, camel riding, golf, seaplane rides, bicycle riding, skydiving and snorkeling.

Many thanks again.

Andrew

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed at Ramada recently. It was a Very enjoyable experience, the staff were great! Would not hesitate to come back again. This establishment is striving to be the best and that is exactly what the region needs. Hervey Bay lacks high quality accommodation options and Ramada has an opportunity to head the pack.

Dear Privilege1,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor feedback.

Good to see that the staff were great. Yes we are driven to be one of the best properties here in the Fraser Cast which has so much to offer a broad range of guests both for leisure and corporate stays.

Many thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to having you back before long.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Beautiful location, wonderful staff and service. The food was delicious at the restaurant and the rooms were very clean and modern. I look forward to visiting again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.
Aaron - Brisbane

Dear Aaron,

Thank you so much for your kind words on tripadvisor.

Location, staff and service our key to any hospitality business and I am so glad we delivered your experiences in these areas. .

Many thanks again for your feedback and do please return soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Its Very good i want recommand this hotel actually service is good and room condition is good too If you looking for nice hotel choose this hotel you won't regret oh my god should i write over 200word? so exhausted please save me i just want to write review

Dear Yangyangjdjjsbvs,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor feedback.

Please do let me know if I can assist on future stays.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights mid-week and really enjoyed it. Rooms were a very good size, felt new, fresh & very clean. Bedroom had doors & blinds for full black-out. View across the pools was very nice to come back to at the end of the day (as was the outdoor balcony area) and staff were great. The hot breakfast was a great way to start the day - done simply, but with all your favourites & carparking underneath was very convenient. Andrew the GM was a very accommodating host.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank snOrkelbOb1
Dear snOrkelbObl,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor feedback.

The studio, suites are a great size as you say. Combined they make up a 2 bedroom apartment which is 96 square metres. The pool is a winner which is lit at night and very romantic for those of you that want a break away from the madness of the world we live in!

From guest feedback we have also now included full breakfast with our compliments.

Hope to have you back before long.

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Ramada Hotel thought it was very clean and tidy!! The Pool was Excellent and the spa very nice! Parking was great cause it was undercover!

I thought it was fine that we didn't get house keeping everyday cause it kept the price of the room down. Staying only 2 nights was great but would recommend Housekeeping if u plan to stay longer if you like fresh sheets on your bed. you can also ask for fresh towels if need be

Air Conditon always on... you can always sleep in comfort so no worries about being hot all night and not getting a good night sleep :o)

The Buffet Breakfast was great price and was very nice!! I recommend this hotel as a great place to stay and will be returning again soon!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Mu1978,

Many thanks for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor feedback.

We are very mindful of the environment and this is why we have the eco rate. Really like you idea of offering freash sheets to guests which I am discussing with Ingrid our Executive Housekeeper and David our Front Office Manager.

We have also taken feedback from our guests about breakfast and we now offer fully cooked breakfast with all out rates.