Akama Resort
Ramada Hervey Bay(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$139
$102
$88
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$72
$70
Main Street Motel(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$90
$83
Mantra Hervey Bay(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$113
Hotels.com
$74
$71
Agoda.com
Shelly Bay Resort(Hervey Bay)(Great Value!)
$103
Orbitz.com
$77
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsboat clubdeluxe penthousefraser islandshort walk to the marinawhale watchingthe kitchenlarge balconyfifth floorbeautiful apartmentbedroom apartmentcoffee machinethree bedroombooking toursboat harbourheated poolrecommend this resortliving area
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had a great family holiday in the top floor apartment at Akama. The room was beautifully clean and open, with all the kitchen gadgets you could want. Big TV, beautiful pool and lovely views to Fraser Island.

With two little kids the size of this accommodation allowed us plenty of space, and although it is further away from the main strip than other hotels the quality of the room was definitely worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank A B
Akama, General Manager at Akama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Hi AB
Thank you for the great review.
It was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us and to read that you enjoyed the space in the apartment, is always nice. We try to offer our guests all the little extras that they may be looking for to make their time with us as comfortable as possible. We hope you get the opportunity to visit us again.
Thank you again for your kind remarks.
Regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2013

To start our family of 2adults & 2children arrived early for check in and we were told that our room wasn't ready due to people checking out late.. then we are told it would definitely be ready by 2pm and to return then... I asked the staff member to call me if it was going to be any later, so we could occupy ourselves whilst waiting.. I didn't receive a phone call from her and we arrived back at the complex at 2-08pm.. Upon arrival at 2-08pm i'm told by the same person that i saw and spoke with upon arriving earlier, Sorry your room isn't ready and it will be another 40minutes. I asked the lady, why didn't you phone me and let me know about it taking longer...I'm told sorry sir it was unavoidable...Pretty lousy excuse when they have my number... We leave again with our 2x young children and go along the beach front feeling pretty let down....About 35 minutes later my phone rings and its he same staff member, advising us to return cause the room is ready... We return only to be told that the tiled floors are still wet and they won't take long to dry... After going up and quickly looking at the room, which we had paid for in full @ $350 a night for 4nights i decided it was nice although i couldn't look properly due to the wet floors and agreed that we'd wait till all he tiles were dry and stay... After coming back to the room about twenty minutes later and having a good look around we found that the rooms weren't cleaned properly... We decided to overlook this and get on with enjoying our time in hervey bay...After a few days I awoke early one morning and needed my glasses and went down to my car in the car park with the room card... They issue a credit card style key... I've arrived back at the room at around 6-50am in the morning to find the pass key is not working... I go down to the managers unit and bang on the door and No answer... This continues over the next 90minutes of banging on a door, phoning the managers number via other guests loaning me their phones, using the complexes phone to call the managers unit and Know one answers.... My wife and kids were sleeping in and the rooms have doors on both of them and I tried banging on the unit door to awaken them, but they couldn't hear me... At approximately 8-20am after leaving several messages for the manager the lady we've had past dealings with arrived and offers me a humble apology and further excuses and she prints out more pass keys.... My advice to everyone is, don't be fooled by the pictures because they Do Not Show You How Badly This Place Is Run........

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank 1pissed

Hello 1p………..
Can I please take this opportunity to offer a response on behalf of the management as I was the one you are referring to in your review?
I would like to start by apologizing for the delay in not having your apartment ready by the 2pm check-in time.
You arrived for a check-in at 12 noon – as we had a problem with the departure guests not vacating on time (left at 12pm) I did inform you that I would do everything I could to have your apartment ready by the 2pm check-in time. Due to the size of our apartments we usually require no less than 2 – 3 hours per clean. I called your mobile number at 2.34pm to inform you that the room was ready. When you arrived I mentioned to your wife that the tiled floors in bathrooms may still be a little damp so please be careful, it was at this point your wife started to scream very loudly at me and use the most obscene language. You had mentioned that you had been staying elsewhere in Hervey Bay and had been most dissatisfied with your accommodation, you were obviously not very happy when you arrived. I chose to ignore your wife’s behavior and try to calm the situation by offering to show you the apartment and give you a full refund if you were not satisfied - you chose to stay. You were offered a 12 noon check-out at no charge on the day of your departure and you were also given unlimited free wifi for the duration of your stay as compensation for the 34 minute delay.
With regard to the morning you locked yourself out of your room due to a problem with your key card – you were calling the office mobile number where the ‘after hours’ message clearly states that the manager can be contacted on the emergency number stated - you did not call this number. At no time was the manager called and made aware that you required access to your room, we have a proven and reliable procedure in place so the managers can be contacted 24 hours a day 7 days a week in a emergency. I arrived to open the office, apologized repeatedly for your situation, and printed you off a replacement key within seconds - this all could have been avoided if you had called the correct number.
I have been working in this industry for over 11 years and have received recognition in the past for my customer service – I thoroughly enjoy all aspects of my role on the front desk and have been fortunate to meet some lovely people over the years. I need to point out that I have never been screamed at or sworn at and it is only my maturity and experience that assisted me in dealing with the situation.
Once again I do apologize for the delay.
Regina – reception
for
Matt & Pia – general managers

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Akama Resort looked like a very nice property when we arrived and we were given a very friendly greeting. Upstairs our fifth floor two bedroom, two bathroom apartment was flooded with light from the wall to wall bifold doors when we entered. There was an excellent view out into Hervey Bay. The apartment was spotlessly clean and pleasantly furnished and our bed was also clean and very comfortable. The apartment is very spacious indeed. We appreciated use of the underground car park. We liked the marina area a short walk away and Cafe Balena for breakfast and dinner (free Wi Fi) . We had a great day out on a Fraser Island tour kindly organised by Akama prior to our stay. Akama Resort is a great place. We enjoyed our stay very much indeed and wouldn’t hesitate to stay again and recommend Akama to our friends.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William G
Akama, General Manager at Akama Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Hi William G

Thanks for the great review.

You were such a lovely couple and it was our pleasure to welcome you to Akama Resort.
We always like to hear that our guests enjoy the tour options we suggest – Fraser Island is so unique and the guides are always committed to making the trip a memorable experience.

We hope you do get the opportunity to come back to Australia and to visit us again – apartment 520 will be waiting for you.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Great manager. Lovely apartments with beautiful pool.
I stayed here with my wife and my guide dog. We very much appreciated the quietness of the resort.
Just an observation - guys you need to build a disable parking spot!!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Hi BigFoot888

Thankyou for taking the time to post a review.

It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and so nice to read that you enjoyed the quiet location and our lovely pool.

In response to the ‘disable car park’ – we have a secured undercover (under the building) car park with a lift to all floors – when you expressed concerns with the location of your allocated space (near the main remote controlled gate) we did issue you with an alternative space next to the lift.
We do have a ‘disable car park’ space in the visitors parking area.
If you ever return to Akama Resort please make sure you ask for car parking next to the lift and we will look after you.

We wish you all the best for 2013 and thank you again for the review.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Akama Resort, staff were friendly. Hotel was a three bedroom two bathroom luxurious apartment. All two couples we stayed with we as impressed as my partner and myself. Spacious modern apartment with a fantastic pool, a great way to start the new year. Thank you

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hi Teresa C
Thanks for taking the time to post a review.
We are so pleased to read that you enjoyed celebrating the New Year with us at Akama. You’re not that far away so we hope you get the chance to stay with us again.
Best wishes to you and your friends for a great 2013.