“Authentic outback OZ”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Narrabri
Craigdon Accommodation and Functions
Ranked #3 of 6 Narrabri B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thank you Jennifer for delaying dinner for us as we were beset with car problems and arrived 2 hours later than planned. Your welcome helped erase the irritation of the setback and the risotto, salad and lemon tart were first class. Our room was immaculately clean and with the windows open to the amazing night sky we slept soundly and awoke to be able to watch the final America's Cup race on Fox! You are to be congratulated on preserving a part of the country Australian experience that is fast disappearing and very much appreciated by us city dwellers!

Room Tip: Leave it to Jennifer-she'll look after you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our one night stay at Craigdon Guest House was an amazing experience... ... a beautifully appointed old world house with loads of charm and appeal. We felt extremely welcome and "at home" thanks to Jennifer, our host. The meals (dinner & breaky) were excellent, second to none. The mountain backdrop was absolutely stunning. If you're looking for a quiet, beautiful country stay in 5 star accommodation and surroundings then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Pick any room - they're all excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peter C
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It was so pleasant to return to Craigdon and Jennifer's hospitality (not to mention her cooking).

Rarely do return visits measure up to initial stays however Craigdon does. Jennifer continues to keep the homestead looking immaculate and her efforts to ensure we were all comfortable (especially my elderly parents) was much appreciated.

It was nice to come 'home' late in afternoon to find the fire ablaze in the lounge room and heaters turned on in our rooms. Jennifer's offer of a pre-dinner aperitif and nibbles in the lounge was well received, especially as this allowed us to savour the mouth-watering smells wafting through from the kitchen. Our two-course dinner on both nights was excellent as were the wines on offer, all at very reasonable prices.

I had mentioned to Jennifer that my Mother was gluten intolerant but not to go to any fuss. Not only did Jennifer make a delicious gluten free boiled fruit cake which we enjoyed with a cup of tea on our arrival, but she also offered Mum a GF apple crumble one night for dessert. I must also add here that the GF boiled fruit cake received my Mother's compliments which is high praise indeed as she wrote some of the CWA cake recipes and judged show cookery most of her life! So well done Jennifer, you've earned the First prize rosette.

I would sincerely encourage anyone who is travelling down the Newell Highway to leave the austere, soulless motels behind and venture a little way offer the highway to enjoy a slice of country hospitality (not to mention a slice of Jennifer's delicious boiled fruit cake - yum!)
You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Whilst all the rooms are huge and very comfortable those at the front of the homestead offer pleasan...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My partner and I stayed at the Craigdon for one night. It is a beautiful house set amongst lush bushland surrounded by mountains. Jenny, our host was incredible. She opened up her property to us and was very friendly and polite. The Guesthouse itself reminds me of a farm that a celebrity would have! The native gardens + lawns are immaculate. It's definitely a 4-5 star farm property. We booked a stand alone cottage, which had a huge, warm bed, ensuite and working heater! It was perfect. The Craigdon really exceeded our expectations. Thanks again for the great stay. :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night at Craigdon Guest House on the way through to Brisbane, such a beautiful house set in stunning scenary, the sunset was spectacular and it was the perfect last night of our trip. The staff looked after us so well and we had the 'travellers meal' for dinner which was beautifully prepared and plentiful, as was the breakfast. Stepping in to the house was like stepping back in to my childhood, the decor of the rooms and the smell reminded me of childhood stays at my Granny's house (a nice memory and good smells!). I would highly reccomend a stay at Craigdon in order to experience great service and old country charm... much more character than your average motel / hotel in this neck of the woods.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed one night at Craigdon on our way to Western Plains Zoo. Jenny gave us a very warm welcome & showed us around the beautiful old house. Beautifully maintained, the immaculate spacious rooms made me feel like I was stepping back in time. Enjoying a drink on the large verandah whilst taking in the spectacular views was a relaxing way to end the day. Everything Jenny did while we were there was second to none. Fantastic food, friendly professional service with a personal touch. Even turning down our beds for the night! She made us feel at home. I cannot recommend highly enough this wonderful place & fantastic hostess.My family & I will certainly be staying there again. Thank you Jenny. P.S. Stop at Sawn rocks for a walk too before you check in. It's amazing!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Travelling from Brisbane to Canberra. We decided to see if we could find a nice farm stay - and we found a great one. Hostess, Jenny was welcoming and cooks a lovely hot meal. Bedroom was large, comfy and warm. We walked to the "sawn rocks" - well worth it but only took 25 minutes (not 45 as in the brochure). We would recommend Craigdon to anyone. Also, instead of the Newell highway we went to Warwick, Ingleburn, Texas, Yetman, Warialda. Pleasant drive.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Craigdon3175, Owner at Craigdon Accommodation and Functions, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such an informative review. I hope your directions encourage others to get off the beaten track and enjoy an alternative to the Newell. Thank you also for being so positive about your night at Craigdon. I hope we see you again. Happy travels.