“Warm Hospitality”

Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Kaikoura
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Penny's warm and gracious greeting took the edge off of our motel experience. In fact, the place was very clean and I finally got my washing done!

Josh even invited me over to chat in Japanese. I was shocked that he spent 4+ years there. We spent 30 minutes discussing our lives in Japanese. He's the chef at White Morph and perhaps the best cook on the south island. Best meal I've had to date...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Thank you for your review! It was really nice to meet you and your family. Josh enjoyed having someone to chat with in Japanese too, and appreciates your kind words about his cooking. Hope the rest of your trip is going well :)
P.S one of you left a charger here with multi adapter on it, if you call or email and give me a forwarding address I will send it on for you.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked to stay in the Bella Vista motel on the basis of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The owners were so friendly, their advice was spot on and they couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are modern, clean and when I opened the curtains in the morning I saw snow-capped mountains. I would recommend this motel to my friends.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so much for coming to stay with us, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and hope to see you again in the future. So glad you got to see and enjoy everything Kaikoura has to offer. :)

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Penny and Josh received us like friends! Including pick up at and return to the train station. Rooms were comfortable and immaculately clean. The town of Kaikoura is within easy walking distance and very pretty. Josh also is a chef at the White Morph restaurant in town - what a treat to taste his food. Just check out that restaurant if you want top quality. Thanks Penny and Josh, we loved our short stay in Kaikoura!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you had a great time here and hearing back from you makes it all worth it :) We love our jobs and enjoy making your time here memorable.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

We stayed for one night with our 2 preschool children, The room was immaculate and the managers were very friendly and knowledgable of the area. Would definately recommend the Bella Vista to friends and family looking for somewhere to stay in Kaikoura. Thanks Penny & Josh for your hospitality.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you :) it was lovely to have you here and hope you can make it up again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Good accomodation is at a premium sometimes in Kaikoura, famous for its whale watching. The Bella Vista is a modern motel on the main highway, but not plagued by noise. It's not far to walk to the town centre, where there are restaurants, including the White Morph where the co-owner is the chef). Cooked or continental beakfast is available, and the owner provides a friendly manner and plenty of advice.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are probaly best from a noise viewpoint.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for your nice review. It is a pleasure to help all our guests and the best part of the job :)

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights during my tour of the south island. Very nice room, pleasant area and very quiet. Easy access to the beach and to the whale watch headquarters. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in Kaikoura and I hope the rest of your South Island tour went great too :)

Reviewed April 16, 2012

We arrived without a booking and stayed in one of the cheaper rooms. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and the shower warm and powerful. The person at the desk was very welcoming and later very helpful. We thought we might have left a book behind which we later found in a bag - the staff had details of items left behind for the previous couple of days but also rechecked the room for us. Would definitely stay there again on another trip.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you found your book! We keep a record of what is left behind and always take contact details to let eople know if things are left :) Would be great to see you again next time you are in Kaikoura.