“Good breakfast - great coffee”
Review of The Reserve Hutt - CLOSED

The Reserve Hutt
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is well located right opposite the waterfront, with indoor and outdoor seating, friendly service, a vibrant atmosphere, good food, and great coffee. We had breakfast - we both had the eggs benedict with salmon, which was generous in its size, attractive in its presentation and of a good quality. The home-made hollandaise really made this, along with the generous portions of salmon and perfectly cooked eggs. The coffee (latte and long black) were both excellent, and I love the way they serve the long black as a shot of coffee with hot water on the side. Altogether great.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very friendly and hospitable. Accommodating with gluten free meals. We went back for breakfast the next day as we had been so charmed by the forthright friendly nature of the hostess.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am a short term Kaikoura local and I love this place - even though I have tried to restrict my coffee intake this past year I still can't resist going in because their coffee is superb. Added bonus - if you go to get your haircut next door they will deliver coffee to you !!!. Every time I walk in they know exactly what I order and it's perfect - not burnt - and flavourfull every time. Warning: the crispy lemon muffins are addictive and to die for. One local heads up - eating at the outdoor tables in the sunshine is super nice, but don't walk away (even for a second) from your table with food on it as the naughty eagle-eyed sea-gulls will swoop and you won't have a hope of returning to your food !

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A warm welcome from both the barista and the lady behind the counter greeted me and my friend, the most genuinely friendly café we’ve discovered yet on our travels throughout NZ. Superb coffee roasted by the barista himself, a nice not-too-darkly-roasted blend that works well as espresso or in a great flat white (nice latte art!). You can actually see the coffee roaster at the back of the café, it doesn’t get any fresher than that! Food looked amazing too. Altogether a fantastic Kiwi café.

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The service here was excellent, the staff were friendly and helpful. We had a great breakfast. Although i do prefer my coffee a bit stronger than it is served here the texture of it was just right. We are going back again tomorrow morning.