“Rude and poor food”

Dining options: Late Night
Dublin, Ireland
“Rude and poor food”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Dropped in here on our first evening in NZ. My wife and I are both 29 yrs old. We ordered steaks and beers. Firstly we had to go get menus at the bar, take them down to the table. After choosing, We had to go back to the bar and order. The barmaid then decided that we looked too young and refused to serve us the beer. I haven't carried ID in years and could this highly insulting. I had to pay for the food on ordering. The steaks were fatty, cold and expensive. After the food came, I had to go back up to the counter for cutlery. I assumed that this poor service and quality was all over NZ but we have eaten out a further 6 nights since and the food elsewhere is amazing.

Stay away from this place whilst in Kaikoura.

Visited June 2013

North Shore City, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great price”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We pulled into the bar after a long day on the bikes and were welcomed with a very nice meal and good cold beer. Excellent value for both was a big plus and the staff were friendly and helpful.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ryan W
Kaikoura, null, New Zealand
“nice steak meal”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

staff left a bit to be desired with the young kitchen girl licking her fingers before putting the salad on our plates we know this because where we were looking straight into the kitchen from the table we seated at the steak was good but we were put off by the girl licking her fingers and then handling the food

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bobbie606
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Just ok”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Ate dinner here our first night. Had their steak special. It was ok. Price was good. Not sure I'd return. Or if I did, I would definitely sit in the bar area and order something different because the restaurant itself is very nice.

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Nice bar, good beer”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Nice bar, with a full range of Monteiths brewery on tap. Try the Black stout - very nice. Friendly staff and bags of room in this place. Toss the boss on Wenesdays,quiz on Thursdays and super rugby at the weekends. The food going out looked good though we went to Coopers Catch up the road for great fish and chips!

• Visited May 2013