“Appalling service!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2016

I recently was in Kaikoura with my Nephew and we decided as a nice last night treat we would shout ourselves out for tea. We decided to go to Passione Pizza. Worst decision ever. We were told that all tables were reserved except one and those occuppied already. The waitdress told us that we could have 1 of the reserved tables but had to be out by 8, this was at 6.30.So basically hurry up and eat and leave, I asked her about a table behind us and not reserved but was told tht they table had 5 seats and there was only 2 of us so we couldnt have the table.I asked her is that for real and she said yes! So we had to leave. We found the waitdress rude and actually we got the feeling that she just wanted us to go incase a bigger group arrived. This is not how a business should run. Very sad and poor :(

Reviewed January 7, 2016 via mobile

We have just had the most fantastic tasting dinner in Passione in Kaikoura. It was a busy Saturday night, but they seated us within 20 mins. I had a fabulous Italia pizza (which was huge & I couldn't finish it but they were happy for us to take a 'doggy' bag home) and my husband had the lamb pasta special which he said was the best lamb dish he had ever had. This was accompanied by a lovely Main Divide Riesling which was equally as gorgeous. We then shared the Tiramisu which was out of this world! Thank you to all the ladies who looked after us and to the Head and Sous chef who cooked this wonderful meal.

Reviewed January 6, 2016

We have walked by Passione on many occasions, but as we usually visit in Winter we have never had the pleasure of dining there previously - they open in the Summer season. We both had a delicious pizza each and with "The Entertainment Book" discount (25%) was certainly value for money too! We will certainly be back for more delicious pizzas when next in Kaikoura.

Reviewed January 4, 2016 via mobile

We really enjoyed our visit to Passione - great atmosphere, wonderful food and talented staff. Looking forward to coming back for another visit again soon

Reviewed January 3, 2016 via mobile

The entree, main and desert were all excellent, the wine was delicious and the staff were atentive and friendly. I had sqiud-ink seafood risotto and my wife had a 15" pizza. Both were responsibly priced at about $20.