“Good food and large portions!”
Review of Passione Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Passione Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stumbled upon this place while walking in Kaikoura and enjoyed the food very much. We ordered the sample platter as a starter with cold cuts, cheese, olives, tapenade, etc. obviously accompanied with a nice wine. It was great.

As a main we decided to have the risotto and a pizza. If we'd known that the portions would be so large we would have ordered one main instead of two. The flavours were good and we enjoyed our dinner very much, but it was way to much.

I was a bit surprised at the end of our dinner when I ordered a Limoncello and the waitress did not know what it was. Luckily they had it, so my Italian dinner was complete!

Nice place, but the chairs are not made to sit comfy for an evening ;-)

Reviewed December 18, 2013

A very clean and modern Italian restaurant. A simple of menu of mainly pizza and pasta, with a few specials.

Food was excellent with different members of our party having both pizza and pasta. Pizza was very thin base which I personally prefer

Service was top quality, and place was very modern and clean

A good option in Kaikoura

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We liked this restaurant so much during our long weekend stay in beautiful Kaikoura, that we ate there twice. And we both had the same dish each time. I had a pizza quatro stagione which was to die for, my husband had the spagetti bolognese which he said tasted really authentic. Even the bread we shared as en entree was very yummy. I think Passione is one of the best Italian restaurants in all of New Zealand. I wished we could have taken them with us to Upper Hutt!

1  Thank kiwigirl41
Reviewed November 2, 2013

As we entered Passione, we were warmly greeted. The waitress was very helpful and her customer service was a credit to her. Our whole dinner experience was very well presented and tasty. It was a enjoyable dinner with friends. We recommend a lovely dining experience here and look forward to dining here again in the future.

1  Thank simongill470
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We ordered take-away pizzas. From first observation, the service, location, look of the restaurant and the prices on the menu, we were expecting exceptional food, however we were disappointed when we arrived back to our hotel. The pizzas were cold, only after a 2 minute drive, and there was very little toppings on the pizzas even for authentic Italian pizzas. Unfortunately it didn't live up to expectations, we would not go back.