“Must do!”

Ohau Stream Walk
Ranked #1 of 37 things to do in Kaikoura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Always check the website for changes that might affect your trip.
Christchurch, New Zealand
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Must do!”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Absolutely great! A short, but potentially slippery walk, to see seal pups playing in a a river and waterfall environment. Well worth the drive from Kaikoura to see this.

Visited July 2013

• Thai first
Longmont, Colorado
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Two fur seals put on a show”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I can't imagine the area with hundreds of seals when just two were delightful to watch. Even if there had been none I would not have been disappointed with the walk and the waterfall, very beautiful. Wear bug spray though - we cut our time there shorter than we'd like because of the evil biting flies.

london
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“back to nature”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

stop of and take the walk to see the baby seals in a beautiful pool, take in the scenery breath in the air, enjoy nature at its best

1 Thank wolfie57
Adelaide
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Plan the time of year you go.....”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

My husband and I stopped here on our way through to Blenheim. The walk to the waterfall was easy and there are designated paths, so not difficult at all. I was a little disappointed that there were no seal pups at the waterfall (so plan the time of yer that you go) I think they disappear after October. On our walk back down, I noticed something in the streams, which turned out to be a baby seal all on his lonesome, very cute and he swam around flipping and showing off. I was very pleased to see at let one seal and the waterfall and walk was stunning. I highly recommend this place and will return at the right time of year next time.

2 Thank Melvum
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Cool Little Trail”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We were able to see three baby seals doing various activities, including an ambitious one climbing the rocks to make it further up the river. So cool! It was also cool to be in the dense forest and the waterfall was beautiful!!!

Visited December 2013