“fishing trip with Tomo”

Kaikoura Fishing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: kaikoura fishing tours! come and experience the fun of fishing while taking in the breath taking views of the kaikoura seaward mountains and if you are lucky you can catch a glimpse of the mighty humpback whale or the playful dusky dolphins,book today you will not be dissapointed.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our highlight in Kaikoura. The weather was perfect,the crew were great and we caught so much fish.We also pulled up cray baskets and were given 1 each to take away which we dined on that night.It was good to see the excitement of the other tourists on board enjoying the trip and catching fish. Some of them had never had the opportunity to fish before.It made us very proud to be kiwi.

1  Thank nixone
tomokaikoura, Owner at Kaikoura Fishing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

After reading your review it gives me a sense of satisfaction that myself and crew have done our jobs the best we can thanks Tomo

There are newer reviews for Kaikoura Fishing Tours

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My last fishing and first fishing trip was in Queenstown, and we got nothing, the captain there just took us to wherever he was familiar with, and unfortunately a bad luck.
However, my backpacks recommend us go with Tomo, she said if I couldn't catch anything she would be surprised.
We went with a group with Chinese ladies and two Netherlands boys. On the way to the fishing spot Tomo grab a cage from the deep sea, and it was amazing loads of cray fish!
Once we arrived the fishing spot, I caught fish right away, and the fish just kept coming up. I got 4 and my boyfriend got 6 fish. Because Tomo got raider in his ship, he knew where the fish was, and I thought that was the efficiency way to do your trip, I didn't want to go fishing all day on the boat. Just 2 hours trip, we got fish, had fun, it was sweet! And the extra benefit was on our way return, we saw dolphins, that made the trip even better! Awesome!
The negative thing was when the boat stop running and swaying around, I started to feel sea sick, and finally I didn't have energy to roll up my fish, it was funny.
In the end, Tomo separated all the fish fillet in 3 bags, the two Netherlands boys and we got two small bags, the Chinese ladies group got big bag of fish. However The Chinese ladies all got very serious sea sick and almost couldn't catch any fish. But they still got fish fillet. And Tomo was very generous to give each person a cray fish. He could give us the smallest one, but he didn't, I got the size of cray fish was above medium to large. :)
My point was, Tomo try to make it fair for everyone to have fun and at least got something back home. Me and my boyfriend got the amount of what we caught, but I think the big fish fillet bag was almost caught by the two boys, and finally they couldn't brought it home. But in this case the Chinese ladies group could got nothing home. So I don't know what is the fair way to separate the fish. Because I was happy, but I could see the two boys were bit disappointed.
Last but not least, I would recommend Tomo to prepare sea sick pill for those who needs it. :D
So if you don't know what to do in Kaikoura, go fishing, If you go fishing in Kaikoura, go with Tomo!

1  Thank PennieLiang
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went fishing with Tomo 2 times when I stayed in Kaikoura, NZ. Both times I caught a lot of fish and also got nice crayfish, too. Tomo does it all. Baits the hook, takes off the fish and cleans them on the spot. The trip alone is great even if you don't fish with the seals, dolphins and albatross all around. I highly recommend Tomo and his expertise.

1  Thank bettibMissouri
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Tomo thanks for a great fishing trip we really enjoyed it and will tell all our friends in Christchurch to come and see you
Steve

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We booked a half day fishing tour with Tomo from Kaikoura Fishing Tours and had a fantastic day. The weather was perfect and Tomo was just awesome! He was helpful, informative and he even cooked us up some freshly caught Lobster on the boat (Delicious!!). We also caught heaps of fish which he then filleted and bagged up for us to take back and cook up for lunch. We saw lots of Albatross and other sea birds and even the odd seal - it truly was a great day out on the water for the family. Tomo was so nice he even gave us a $100 meal voucher to use at a local cafe when he needed to change our booking time - we didn't have to change our booking in the end but he wanted us to have the voucher anyway! Thank you so much Tomo! We would definitely recommend Tomo and his boat, if you want someone who knows the area well and is passionate about fishing!!

tomokaikoura, Owner at Kaikoura Fishing Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Hi guys no worries at all it was a pleasure to have you on board thanks Tomo