“Couldn't of been better” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Awatea Country Bed & Breakfast

Awatea Country Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 34 Kaikoura B&B and Inns
england
“Couldn't of been better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in this lovely b @ b we had 2 double rooms, the rooms are lovely with a great view, breakfast was 10/10 best breakfast we had so far, we would definitely stay here again, we had electric blankets that was a treat, we were still close to the shops just 5 min drive but the country feeling was great.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I found this place not only lovely to stay at (view, rural setting) but really welcoming. Alison was really lovely and she was so sweet to my dog (able to sleep in my room with me) which made me happy and relaxed. I absolutely recomend this to any travellers but especially animal lovers (a variety here you can visit), it's not often you are honestly and enthusiastically welcomed when travelling with your four-legged best friend. The breakfast was fit for royalty (yum!) and Alison was great company to chat with. Overall, the perfect combination of feeling relaxed (that we kiwis love) but also pampered with your own ensuite etc. All positive from me!

Room Tip: I only looked at and took the single room - roomy room with TV, two single beds with ensuite. This r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed a week here and plan to go back some time..The setting is out in the country and in the morning I went out on my deck and watched the horses running in the field. In one direction I could see the snowcapped mountains and in the other, the ocean. It was a short walk down to the beach and a short drive into town. There is a very large lounge area for guests, which opens onto a patio area with comfortable chairs and views. The rooms are spiffy and pleasant with attention to detail.

Alison is a wonderful hostess, cooks a fantastic breakfast. I think I gained a couple of kilos just from eating it. She was a very helpful arranging tours and giving me some tips about Kaikoura . I was there with my dog,a Leonberger, who also gives it high marks . Very relaxing and welcoming. I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

My Dad,, dog & I stayed at Awatea for 2 great nights. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Alison is really helpful and a great host (and good cook!) who has a good knowledge of Kaikoura and all the wonderful things it has to offer. I would definately stay here again when I get the chance. Thanks for the great time Alison.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Neston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband & I and my sister stayed here as part of our New zealand touring holiday. Alison was a wonderful host and made us feel really at home. The rooms were delightful with patio doors to the garden area. The views were spectacular - over the mountains and the garden area was peaceful and tranquil. Alison gives her guests the freedom to come and go as they please, making full use of the kitchen and lunge areas.
Awatea is a real home from home in very high standard accommodation. We loved it and wished we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed at Awatea as part of our round the world trip which included the rugby world cup. We had a great welcome from Alison and she gave us plenty of information about the best places to visit in Kaikoura. The accommodation is of a high quality and has wonderful views of the snowcapped mountains and the ocean. We loved all the animals too. The breakfasts were gorgeous. We spent some great evenings with Alison, watching the rugby world cup on TV, sharing wine and single malt whiskey with her (her favourite tipple)! We can definitely recommend Awatea and will return if we get the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I spent a very comfortable night at Awatea on our way through Kaikoura a few weeks back. Wish we could have stayed longer. Alison was very welcoming and a great host. The rooms are spacious and furnished to a high standard and very clean and comfortable. Awatea also offers accommodation for easy wheel chair access with a well planned room layout.
Location is very peaceful with beautiful views of the mountains and a charming selection of farm animals in the adjacent field.
We spent a wonderful couple of hours chatting with Alison on the afternoon of our arrival and felt very much as if we were visiting with a friend rather than staying in a B&B.
The breakfast was lovely and plentiful and we wanted for nothing.
We would highly reccommend Awatea to any traveller and will definitely book with Alison again if we make it back to NZ again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple