“Truly enjoyable”
Review of Tuti's Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

Tuti's Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Family owned and operated new build restaurant with a comfortable and attractive interior. One of provincial New Zealand's best equipped and hygienic kitchens serving the freshest of local seafood's and local farm produce to a consistently high standard. All fish served in this restaurant is purchased direct from the fishermen and filleted in house, with preference given to line caught fish.
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Back in Kaikoura with a group of colleagues this time- can't be in town and not have dinner at Tuti's! Another enjoyable meal we had! Chilli Mussels for entree to share, bit messy to eat but the waitstaff was great provided us with finger bowls. I had Pan fried salmon on rice with a very tasty curry sauce, the salmon was cooked to perfection! crisp skin n juicy flesh! mmmm.

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I called in to Tutis restaurant along Beach Road to meet a friend there. The outside showed an invitingly different restaurant than the others. It was just as pleasant on the inside. Excellent staff who were more than friendly. Atmosphere was good as I waiting on my friend to arrive, I had time to soak it up. The Chowder was amazing to start with and then the chicken curry main was divine. Both my friend and I couldn't agree more that it's well worth a visit should you be visiting Kaikoura.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

We saw this restaurant on trip advisor and due to its great reviews we wanted to eat here, but boy were we surprised. The service, the scenery and worst of all the food, everything was average. I truly can not understand why this restaurant is so well reviewed by others.

2  Thank Duckles
Tutisrestaurant, Owner at Tuti's Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Sorry you feel this way and boy am I surprised by your review.
Perhaps the 96% of recommendations over the five years that we have been trading are the reason why the restaurant is so well reviewed, we have customers from all over the world including many from the Netherlands that have enjoyed our service, our cuisine and the ambience of our restaurant.
We take great care to welcome our customers and provide a good and friendly service and a clean and tidy restaurant inside and outside, and most of all we purchase only the best quality and freshest of produce and ingredients which are cooked in one of the most modern and well equipped kitchens in New Zealand by the same chef's that have prepared all the meals from the day the restaurant opened.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants that we have tried during our 2-week vacation in New Zealand.

The food was excellent, service was good but a bit slow. We waited for about 30 minutes for our dishes but it was worth the wait. The chowder was one of the best that I've tried and the chilli mussels was simply the best that I ever had.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

The yummiest chicken curry, beautiful tender lamb shanks and the best chicken sate's south of Indonesia. You will not be disappointed by a meal from Tuti's kitchen.